myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
ARCHIVE: Where We Sailed Today, Thread Part I.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 425, 426, 427  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ericvw1

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sailed Rod & Gun tonight from 630-730 alone. 5.0 but should have been on the 4.5. 185lbs and 83ltr brd. Had a great time...

Larkspur right next door was calm as could be.
thirsty

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:39 am    Post subject: Rancho Seco Reply with quote

Nice wind and warm water at Rancho Seco today. Five or six sailors out.
kevinkan

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

went to crissy... had to wait around all day for ups to come, and then I didn't get there until 4pm or so. it sucked... not that windy. i was on 4.7 and 90l, and most people were on 5.0's and such. holey, intermittently filled in to the beach, weird choppy.... not a great sesh. what a waste... it was so windy on the peninsula Sad
https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DITTO on Kevins assessment. stuck at Crissy because of accident on GGB, meanwhile its 30-40 at CC and Tomales. ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
winny

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winny's post has been moved to [b]iKitesurf.com's Forums:[/b]

http://forums.ikitesurf.com/viewtopic.php?p=42882
johnl

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you guys did better than me. I made the wrong choice and went to Sherman. It was very up and down and out of the northwest (which I didn't see before I drove out there). So I didn't even get in the water. Hung out, checked a couple of different launches, then drove home. Later it turned to a good direction but was in the low 20's.

Then watched the graphs at Tomales showing 31. Probably too windy there anyway Smile
Epenrose

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks swchandler.

At least it was double the number! Did you launch from the old flying tigers?

The airport was showing gust to the mid 50's, have a feeling it probably hit 60. Wasn't a soul on the footpath either.

Strange, a few years ago on a day like yesterday there would have been 15 cars at Embassy. Best launch, nearly right into the wind and I think the best parking and rigging with a hose to rinse yourself and gear off.

If anyone here doesn't know where Embassy is as follows. 101N bound, exit Anza Blvd. 1st stop light go straight across, crossing Airport Blvd. About another 700 - 800 yards the road will dead end at park and restrooms. Launch is 10 feet to the right of the fish cleaning station. If you look closely some kind person made an easy walk down. At higher tide make sure to push off at least 10 feet from rocks so you don't ding you fin on hidden rocks, imagine how I found that out!
afolander

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Left my home turf at Sherman yesterday to sail 3rd Ave.

Was on my 4.0 AeroTech from 4 - 7:30, mostly in the ship channel. There were just a handful of sails out there.

Waist high rolling chop from comming from different directions with occasional head high swell / waves. To be in control on my jibes and wave surfing a 3.0 - 3.5 would have been more ideal. Tuned the top half of my sail into a floppy noodle and I didn't ease off on the outhaul until about 6:30.

Was lots of fun!
tsokat

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't make it there but check this out from WC yesterday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK-EvJhkSUQ
bobaron

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: may 21st-- Morro Bay Reply with quote

About 6 guys were out on Morro bay [or estuary] by the museum at high tide [around 1 pm]. Gusts over 30. Sails ranged from 3.8 to 4.5. I sailed a 4.2, 85 liters 180 lbs. Great chop but sea weed and fluky wind by the museum an issue. Also some 1 foot shallows in spots that freak one out when moving at over 30 mph . For my money however, a better choice than trying to sail in the hurricane conditions that were going off up the coast at Arroyo Laguna.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 425, 426, 427  Next
Page 2 of 427

Jump to: