myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Ezzy demo weekend at Lake I

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madmax7

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Ezzy demo weekend at Lake I Reply with quote

Thanks Peter for a great Demo weekend, the winds cooperated nicely by Sunday and I ended up with a great sail.

Also the giveaways Sat nite were a nice treat (or the Margarita fest, cant recall which was better), nonetheless you outdid yourself Peter...

You claim to have another in June, hope to see you again then, but may not spend as much that time...

Great Sails, love my Freeride, awesome sail...

Max.

PS all you sailors that new about this give a shout next time, turn out was good but could have been better. I just happened to be there by chance.
peter

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Max

Thanks I enjoy hosting the Ezzy Demo. I was very happy with such a bad forcast how many people showed up, and how lucky we were to get some wind. I'm considering having a second chance Ezzy sails & Quattro boards Demo sometime in June. It would have to be smaller scale less give aways and less rigs. But for now I think my liver needs a rest after all those Margaritas. Enjoy the sail I'm sure I'll see you on the water soon somewhere.

Peter Jones
Southwest Boardsports
eliot10

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Peter,

Many thanks for not only this year Ezzy demo at Lake Isabella but for all those previous years you and Tim have put this show together. Welcome Ross to the Ezzy team; he wasn't only knowlegable about the new sails and windsurfing but also was very friendly and helpful; good luck on your windsurfing carreer, I'm sure we'll see you in some windsurfing magazines in the future. We all got a chance to talk, work on our tans, drink, and best of all, sail. I'm ready for June. Anybody from the Bay Area is very welcome to come and show off all your freestyle moves: How about it Kevin K? there's a least two great photographers shooting and lots of spectators looking at every move. How about a contest Peter? I'm throwing in a hundred bucks for the winner. Any sponsors there?
peter

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Julio

Thanks. I enjoy putting on the Ezzy demo every year. I especially like seeing all my friends getting liquored up on Margaritas after sailing all day. The Isabella Ezzy demo has been such a big success that I really would not want to mess with the format at all. But I like the idea of promoting a freestyle contest on a different date next year at Isabella. It has very consistent high winds in the spring and has great visibility for the spectators. I’ll ask around see what others think.

Peter Jones
Southwest Boardsports
kevinkan

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like you all had a great time down there this weekend. Wish I could have hung out with you all, but I was busy this weekend. I would go down there just to hang out with everybody and drink/make margaritas.
https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
capetonian

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there going to be an Ezzy demo day at Lake Isabella this year?
dtran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the weekend of May 15-17, 2009.
lorenzo

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: where's the party? Reply with quote

which part of the lake are the demo and margarita's at?

are reservations needed for camping?

Thx, Laurence
WindSapien

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The EZZY CLINIC is held at the "Ghetto". Camping fees and day use fees are $10 per day /vehicle. Board permits are required . Available at the Shell station in town across from McDonalds. It's a hit or miss thing. The Rangers ARE checking camp permits. The Lake Patrol checks board permits...........occasionally.It's been windy,I've sailed 4.1-5.2 five out of the last six days.Hope it holds.It's blowing 20+ at 7am today.WS
spennie

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter:

Send me your new e-mail address via my website, I can help with getting the word out when you have your next event. Come out to Rio Viento for the two weeks following July 4th & play with us!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: