myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Northwave moving to waterfront
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
airtime

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Northwave moving to waterfront Reply with quote

In case you've noticed, it appears that Northwave is moving to the waterfront!!! Right between the Event Site and the new Waterfront Park. Finally, a sail loft actually on the river...check it out!!!
jesusjones

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject: Awsome sails Reply with quote

That is good news and great sails. Smile
merriam

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be cool if they had an old board outside that you could click the sails into to demo. As long as its right in the same wind that we sail in, why not?

My entire quiver is Northwave, I love their sails
airtime

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:15 am    Post subject: Demos Reply with quote

I would have to imagine that since it will be Northwave R & D loft that demos would be offerred. As a matter of fact, they would probabily jump at the opportunity to allow others to try their sails. Once you ride one, your hooked!!!
hilton08

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Northwave R&D Reply with quote

I would think "R & D" would mean retail and demo. In addition to the great location for demos, they should also be able to sell a lot of accesories to people at the Event Site who need or broke something, but don't want to pack up and drive to the downtown shops.
airtime

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Northwave Reply with quote

It will no doubt be a convienent location for parts and repairs. Best repairs in the Gorge. They make their sails right there! You can see them being produced. Right here in Hood River, USA! No other sail loft can say that...
blake64

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Northwave Reply with quote

(PS: no, I'm not the Blake of Northwave sails fame Very Happy )

Airtime:
actually just 'Right here in the USA' is something no one else can boast.

of course, no kite manufacturer even comes close to this claim either.

airtime wrote:
It will no doubt be a convienent location for parts and repairs. Best repairs in the Gorge. They make their sails right there! You can see them being produced. Right here in Hood River, USA! No other sail loft can say that...
sailworksman

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Northwave Reply with quote

airtime wrote:
You can see them being produced. Right here in Hood River, USA! No other sail loft can say that...

Sorry to pop your bubble, but Sailworks has made over 2,000 sails, right here in Hood River, in fact we're making another one today.

Bruce Peterson
Sailworks
airtime

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mistake! Sorry......I am glad you are still making all of your sails local. We need more soul in this sport. Local production truely is a thing of the past. Right on Sailworks..
blake64

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we stand corrected!

---USA MADE---

Sails: 2
SAILWORKS AND NORTHWAVE

Kites: 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: