myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
A Happy Ending?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jp5

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:00 am    Post subject: Don't call Larry H Parker just yet! Reply with quote

Now that you all mention lawyers maybe it's time to ask who had right of way?

How is the other guy? Is he a Leo regular?
theq

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rowena wrote:

Can't WAIT to hear about theQ's trip to the Indonesian Massage Parlor.
Laughing Laughing Laughing

I can't wait for that myself. At the very least, I'd like to get my imagination to work as well as Mitchell's. Admittedly, he got me thinking about the Cochran glove thing. "Without a key, how do you pee?" It can't be very sanitary. Unless of course they incorporate one of those NASA contraptions. Actually, I think that NASA developed the belt they're using. It was specifically for those Co-ed space missions. Truth be told, they'd found that testosterone levels were so elevated, while in space, that being Co-ed didn't matter much. They had to do something, as orgasms while weightless were found to be outright disfiguring (permanently crossed eyes, etc.), if not fatal.
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rowena,

It good to know that you're on the mend, and I'm quite sure that the margaritas help greatly balance out some of the rough points. Having margaritas "on the rocks" is certainly my perference. It keeps things simple and clean. Who needs messy blenders anyway. Just another thing to clean up.

Regarding the drugs, I had a heart attack in 2004, so I take a number medications to reduce the risk of another one. Plavix is the one that tends to lead to easier bruising, as it keeps the blood flowing a bit slicker overall and a little less likely to clot up quickly. Sometimes windsurfing, I end up with bruises where I can't even remember getting smacked.

No question, getting old can have its downside. Unfortunately, it's sometimes a bit more complex than gray hair and wrinkles.
sharkasm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: Don't call Larry H Parker just yet! Reply with quote

Smile

Last edited by sharkasm on Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
jp5

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The porpoise, seals and whales "

...cute Mitch... Smile

what I'm talking about is which sailor had the starboard tack. It's up to the port tack sailor to yield right of way. It seems some sailors at Leo don't know that and push up wind no matter what. Rolling Eyes
rowena

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Regarding the drugs, I had a heart attack in 2004, so I take a number medications to reduce the risk of another one.

Oh, SW... Suddenly my knee doesn't feel so bad. You poor thing. But I had an old boyfriend who had a heart attack at age 30, so it's not necessarily an old age thing. And no I didn't nag at him incessently or verbally abuse him until his blood pressure went to toxic levels. I know you were all thinking that, but it is simply not true.

Surprised

Lawyers fall into the category along with doctors...we really don't want to go see them ever, but when you really need one, you can't believe how much you really needed one. HA. Maybe same with policemen!

I see that "Indonesian Massage Parlor" set theQ's imagination afire. Good to see it; it matches the temperature outside.

P.S. TOMORROW IS BILLY'S BIRTHDAY!!!!! YAAY!
madspaniard

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there was a collision between windsurfers at Candlestick yesterday too. Both sailors are OK, although their boards were damaged by the fins and the impact and will need repair. One of those cases, head on, "he's going to go upwind" oh no ...he's not
rowena

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did that once in Maui with another windsurfer...straight into each other. We both went upwind, then we both went downwind, and then straight ahead. It was actually funny. Luckily because we didn't have booties on, we could jump off the boards at impact and immediately our boards depowered and crashed with no dings. We just laughed. Of course, it helps that the water was 85 degrees... Arrgghh.

Lots of injuries with booties getting stuck in the footstraps. I couldn't free my feet in time to jump off the other day. Kathy twisted her knee from not being able to get out of the footstraps!
Crying or Very sad
nealpar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madspaniard wrote:
there was a collision between windsurfers at Candlestick yesterday too. Both sailors are OK, although their boards were damaged by the fins and the impact and will need repair. One of those cases, head on, "he's going to go upwind" oh no ...he's not

Wait. The part about "on no he's not".....is confusing. Was the one with right of way INSISTING on his right of way, thus thinking....."oh no he is not going to go upwind of me 'cause I've got the right of way"? Or was it more like Rowena's Maui example, where you don't know which way the other sailor is going to go and both get confused and boooommmm. Don't you love it when someone goes out of their way to assert their right of way?
madspaniard

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nealpar, more like the second. It was a very civilized and well-mannered crash, Rolling Eyes no loud arguments about right of way, both swimming back together to shore, at that precise moment the wind really picked up so they both switched to small boards and off they went sailing again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: