myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
A Happy Ending?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rowena

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone! Thanks to all the well-wishers. E., I bet you wondered how bad your injury was at the time, and hoped it wasn't worse. Kathy and I were talking about our various injuries and how easily a collision can happen. I figure since we're all going so fast out there... (Although Billy always insists he goes faster than anyone! HA!)

Talked to a friend in Portland, an E.R. surgeon and I might have it looked at since now the swellings down and I got slammed just above my knee on the side in the tendon territory. Interesting that your bruise lasted 3 weeks, nealpar.

Hot and glassy on the water. At least I'm not missing an epic day. hehe.

Any comments on the L.A. Times article, theQ? Figured it might tickle that funny-bone of yours...

Mitchell...who is Larry Parker? Tony Parker's cousin?

That handicapped parking space is an excellent idea!
Rolling Eyes
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry H. Parker got that guy who could only move his head 1.5 million. He was missing one of his front teeth, and they would only shoot him from the chin up an he said "Lawy H. Paka got me 1.5 Miwillion, You can git some tew"

I hope your feeling better!!!!
sharkasm

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

Last edited by sharkasm on Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
rowena

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Q-man will get back to you later on that.
At the moment he's at the Indonesian Massage Parlor downtown.
We were going to carpool together, but he likes to stay there a bit longer than I do. Laughing

It only hurts when I laugh! Can't wait to get the report from theQ. I wondered why he'd been seen with a device for picking locks. I thought it was a downhauling tool, but it makes sense now...and his Indonesian-English dictionary.

As for my new designation as "Handicap of the Month"...I've been called that before.

Embarassed

Thanks again, Steve!!!!
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rowena,

I read the article today in the LA Times concerning the chastity belts in Indonesia. It's certainly remarkable how folks in another part of the world out there view what's going on. Without a doubt, we are obviously fortunate to live here.

Did you also review the Opinion's article regarding political cartoons this week? The contrast on one presentation between the "off the wall" Mormon sect and the fundamental Islamic view of a women's public reality is strangely similar.

I think that you must agree that some folks are in a totally different world.

I hope that your accident yesterday proves short lived on the pain game. Given the drugs I take these days, the visual evidence of bruises and scrapes I sustain are quite notable. Looks like I might have been hit with a 2x4 much of the time.

Still though, your seeming acceptance of your unfortunate fate in the accident is admirable. Was it your mistake or that or another? If it was the latter, your sense of forgiveness is quite worthly.
tsokat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rowena, suggest that you retain the services of Jackie Chiles, Esq., rather than Larry H. Parker. The defendant's conduct was "lewd, lascivious, salacious, outrageous."
rowena

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all for your recommendation for attorneys. However, if I ever need one, I'll turn to Nealpar, I think. She has a good sense of humor, and when one is in pain, laughter is the best medicine.

Hi SW. What meds are you on, on a daily basis? I'll read the opinion section after I get through the "13 die as gun battles jolt Tijuana". Fun! I wonder how the Rosarito Beach condo values are faring?

No it was not my fault. However, it was an accident, and everyone makes mistakes...

Can't WAIT to hear about theQ's trip to the Indonesian Massage Parlor.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
rowena

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and thanks for the Tequila recommendations daBull. I'm on my second margarita as we speak...Patron. Nothing but the best. The blender is as far away from my couch as Africa, it seems, so it's on the rocks. Thank heavens the playoffs were on all day. Go Lakers! Laughing Dr. Buss... if you're reading this, and I'm sure you are...don't trade Lamar, whatever you do....
nealpar

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rowena wrote:
Thanks all for your recommendation for attorneys. However, if I ever need one, I'll turn to Nealpar, I think.
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Thank you, I think. Smile Were you actually serious and honored me with the request, I probably would have to decline this one, since I'm friends with the other party in this incident.

But back to Tequilas and playoffs. Sounds like a nice sunday after all.
sharkasm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

Last edited by sharkasm on Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: