myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
OLD GEEZERS CAMPING
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darcystevenson

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Camping Reply with quote

jesusjones wrote:
Please let me know how I can reach you and I will set you up

jesusjones wrote:
Please let me know how I can reach you and I will set you up

Hey quit stalkin me dude, that's twice now. It's kinda creepy!

Don't you have a play-pirate code (guidelines)?
jesusjones

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: DARCY BAN Reply with quote

Darcy Alert; your intentions are obvious; it’s time to shut you down once and for all. DARCY BAN, if anyone reads my reply, don not, and I repeat do not respond to any Darcy Stevenson threads. It is an ego feeding bad intention, bad vibe, angry scenario for mostly everyone. Evil or Very Mad
rationalnational

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darcy you start a thread titled "Freakazoid Christian boardheads"

or sumptin' like dat.....
CarsonCandy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can take lawler up on Viento State Park...(great showers). I don't know why everyone complains of trains. It's crowds there that keep me out! Your parking at the highway pullout near same is not recommended, though. If we don't have weirdos here already (see thread) we sure will with a gal parking a van in the wrong place and advertising that, so stay off the beaten path and keep your doors closed for heavens sake!

There is camping on the Washington side at Home Valley, with good sailing there, and safe for gals. The management hosts a baseball tournament mid summer, and you stay away then as often violent parties! Also, caretakers runs generators some summers.

Highway 'iso' pullouts are classified and you need gun sometimes.

Postcanyon is o.k. I suppose you parked van there already. Keep clean. Joggers go by in morning!
birch

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: summer camping Reply with quote

sherman street in Hood River works great! I have been camping there for over twenty years with no problems. If someone gives you a problem just move down the street and set up camp again.
tetiaroaxx

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And don't forget Celilo Nadwash Park. No showers, but nice lukewarm water just at the right height. Our Corps Of Engineers fills that amazing alcohol-rub soap every damn day! (although the soap kinda hurts some days depending on what you've been into).

Celilo Nadwash Park should not be used in the evenings. Disreputable gents have caught on to it's chief feature (not the wind) and now park in vans right in front of the nadwash hoping to happen upon some well endowed windsurfer. If you have to 'hang out with the wang out' after hours, watch your six! They even follow you when you try to fill water bottles.

The women's nadwash should be alright.

Last edited by tetiaroaxx on Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
windwoose

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The vacation rentals driveways are great. I was staying with guests in Doves Vacation Rental and later I just kept parking in the same driveway and nobody said anything all summer.

Mi casa es su casa Darcy! See you there!
wsmike

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd almost think about offering you to stay at my place just outside of White Salmon, has full hookups, 2 acres of beautiful countryside, a pair of nesting ospreys, a view, and wireless internet (if your'e into that sort of thing). BUT...wouldn't I then have to put up with loads of drama all summer, where now I can sit in peace and quiet listening to quail calls at sunset, drinking a Full Sail from the comfort of my hammock as I watch the sun slip below the horizon and rehash the amazing session I just had in my mind.

That whole reputation thing is a beyatch, along with many other things in life.
us_blue112

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: New Gravel Pit Reply with quote

Gravel pit close last year but new gravel pit is open, and we are find it quite wonderful. Lots of room for motor-homes and very peaceful.

Go like you go to old gravel pit and finish switch back things, then just before straight part turn right on normal road with stripe on it (will be last turn there). Stay on this road for little jog to the left and camp there 200 yards in. Lots more grass places little further down and left.
CarsonCandy

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: New Gravel Pit Reply with quote

This is a new campsite? It is Bruce's old yard?

us_blue112 wrote:
Gravel pit close last year but new gravel pit is open, and we are find it quite wonderful. Lots of room for motor-homes and very peaceful.

Go like you go to old gravel pit and finish switch back things, then just before straight part turn right on normal road with stripe on it (will be last turn there). Stay on this road for little jog to the left and camp there 200 yards in. Lots more grass places little further down and left.

Is this right? Don't send people in there to camp (or my place).

Well gang, I finally finished reading the silly 'old geezers' thread after weeks and weeks of trying. Actually months. I am a hokey ol gal, so I know I'm adding mine a little late. What fascinates me is that it is the most read thread of all time on iwindsurf. That is itself makes it historical. I find original author Darcy asked normal question, as she does here and as is forum. Then gets mad after what was said later. This you all do. But honestly, it's just because it happens that the hundreds of other replies from the older crowd are taken so well. If you look at them closely, very not nice. Ten or so not nice comments from older people than one from her. Maybe she is not so bad after all! I mean if I got that abuse, I would surely speak back. Some of the gentlemen even deleted with what they say. And pictures of internet people which is not nice. Maybe they will see themselves. And also dirty comments. Now it is locked. It makes us Gorge men and Gorge Gals look kinda silly. So now that I say that, I will answer the original 'old geezer' question as best I can as it has now been locked out. Nobody can speak free any more. Where, darcy, to find younger people (and camping) is a problem. I moved from California 5 years ago and I am a mature gal in my 40's. I like younger men myself. They do not gripe and make bad jokes (not around me) and they are -have learned to be gentlemen. There are few of them here. Mostly older crowd. I think men her should not think they own this fair world and can do/say what they want. They inherited this world from great people. My grandfather was one of them. He died overseas and others may be here who went to Vietnam but most now have not suffered or paid for what they have, and neither have I. My grandfather was a gentleman. And so are young men. So what caused bitterness from men writing here (50's-60's?). It was good a good life and I have been very lucky and spoiled. We should be more polite to younger people as they have worries ahead that we did not (gas, warming, retirees taking waterfronts). I hope this summer that more young people come (love those hot bod dudes!) and not make this place look grumpy. PS I know Isobars and others will rise up to my comments about my granddad. Be niiice! Smile
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: