myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
OLD GEEZERS CAMPING
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darcystevenson

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: OLD GEEZERS CAMPING Reply with quote

On my way to the Gorge soon and wondering where to park my van and any new rules in Hood River against hangin and chillin.

Anyone have any spare room to rent or driveway to park would be much appreciated Surprised <=.

Last edited by darcystevenson on Tue May 20, 2008 12:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yer welcome to park in the lee of this geezer's motor home at the Hatch, Beyatch. Wink
I'll be there 18/7 all summer, just taking up space and steenkin' up the place. Heck, I might even take my windsurfing gear along sometimes in case I can creep down to the water's edge now and then. I'll cook up some ragin' Southern fried prunes for ya, and yer welcome to use my flush toilet and hot shower any time as long as you don't mind the numerous "security" cameras. Just don't sue me if ya trips over all the wads of cash lying around, and never mind the heavy breathing when all the young chicks change out of their wetsuits every evening; it's just my pacemaker tryin' to keep up.

\m/
hilton08

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Where not to park! Reply with quote

http://www.katu.com/news/local/17942949.html

CASCADE LOCKS, Ore. - Authorities on Saturday warned drivers not to pull off Interstate 84 and stop in the Columbia River Gorge during the dark until they catch a man believed to be responsible for several armed robberies.

The admonition came after yet another robbery about 11:30 p.m. Friday.

According to the Hood River County Sheriff's Office, a stranger confronted a young couple sitting in their vehicle in the Cascade Locks area at gunpoint and then demanded the couple's cash, credit cards, cell phones and laptop computer. The female victim in the vehicle was also sexually assaulted by the robber, the sheriff's office said.

Police described the suspect as possibly Hispanic, 5 foot 9 inches tall, between 160 and 190 pounds and wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, black pants and a black face mask.

He was driving a dark-colored sport utility vehicle or pickup that had a canopy, the sheriff's office said.

There have been similar incidents at a number of other tourist spots in the Gorge.

In January, a couple visiting the Women's Forum State Park overlook in Corbett was robbed.
In December, a robber held up a couple of guys who had stopped at Mitchell Point, located along Interstate 84.
In November, another couple was robbed at gunpoint at the Vista House, a popular tourist destination located along the Historic Columbia River Highway.
rationalnational

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darc,

I think most of these horrible crimes were committed by dirty old , toothless geezers but I am not sure....

I've heard they summer in the Gorge and prey upon women who think they will be young forever. I've seen a few of the ladies over the years and my god they go down hill fast.

Can't understand why the old geezers would waste their time ?
jp5

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Yer welcome to park in the lee of this geezer's motor home at the Hatch, Beyatch. Wink
I'll be there 18/7 all summer, just taking up space and steenkin' up the place. Heck, I might even take my windsurfing gear along sometimes in case I can creep down to the water's edge now and then. I'll cook up some ragin' Southern fried prunes for ya, and yer welcome to use my flush toilet and hot shower any time as long as you don't mind the numerous "security" cameras. Just don't sue me if ya trips over all the wads of cash lying around, and never mind the heavy breathing when all the young chicks change out of their wetsuits every evening; it's just my pacemaker tryin' to keep up.

\m/

I'm gonna park my rig right up thar next to Isobars and we gonna smoke some fat ceegars, clean the guns, and check out all the young hotties. They got any indian bingo up thar?
WMP

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I'll bite.

There's a place that nobody knows about... camping right next to the BEST windsurfing on the planet.... 24/7 70+ mph 3.2 conditions w/ huge house-sized smoothie swell from the rising of the sun to the going down thereof. In one word.... unfreakinglybelievable. This place has got to be the most fabulous place on the planet with sheer 5,000 ft basalt cliffs on each side of the river.

Interested? Well, there's something you should know first. First, you'll need to cross the railroad tracks and the railroad has installed barbed wire fence, several hundred landmines, security cameras and (new this year) hired a Sascuatch to keep people from trespassing.

If you can seduce Big Foot.... this place could be quite rewarding.
LAWLER

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: ZZZZZzzzz snort Reply with quote

You can set up your tent in my camping spot and we can split the cost for the REAL DEAL for camping in the Gorge with the noise discount at Viento State park. 50 wonderful feet from the train tracks I promise my snoring will drown out the roar of the trains. { I also sell industrial ear plugs for $15.00 a pair and $25 for the custom comfort fit}
After 5 shots of Tequila every night before bed I sleep like a baby even with the trains. Shocked
jesusjones

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: I'll help you Darcy Reply with quote

Please let me know how I can reach you and I will set you up. Idea
darcystevenson

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if Post Canyon Drive is still o.k. for parking a van? Any changes from last year?
jesusjones

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Camping Reply with quote

Please let me know how I can reach you and I will set you up
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: