myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
TODAY IS THE DAY TO SAIL!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theq

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: FUN SESSION AT LEO - BUT DON'T SWALLOW THE WATER Reply with quote

nealpar wrote:

THE REALLY SAD THING IS THAT THERE WAS A BUSLOAD OF CHILDREN WITH THEIR PARENTS PLAYING ALONG THE "LITTLE RIVER" AS IT WAS WINDING ITS WAY TO THE OCEAN. THESE PEOPLE WERE IDIOTS, 'CAUSE THE WATER REALLY DIDN'T LOOK CLEAN AND OBVIOUSLY NONE OF THE PARENTS BOTHERED TO WALK JUST 25 YARDS UP THE LITTLE "RIVER" TO SEE EXACTLY WHAT KIND OF WATER THEIR CHILDREN WERE PLAYING IN. SAD!

I thought about getting out of my car and warning people, but didn't want to frighten them without having solid proof that the water is indeed contaminated...so I just kept driving. I truly hope none of those kids get sick!

Yup, it's the same type of scene that I used to see back in the seventies. There were people, apparently recent arrivals to America from the South, splashing around in the estuary (?) at Malibu Beach known as "Polio Pond". We always thought it was gross, and were loathe to wade through parts of it at any time.

Yesterday, even County Line's water had a bit more of an odor to it. Like what hat I'd call "that new ocean smell". It was probably very normal, and more than likely attributable to my a-(Q)cute sense of smell. Still, I'm thankful that my taste-buds aren't so sensitive.
MikeUzi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a blast at Leo yesterday. It was nice to be able to connect the gusts and plane all the way to the beach every once in a while.

I saw a seal and couple dolphins out there. I had some Jamba juice today to hopefully boost the immune system.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wind is steadily building. Possible 4:30 peak at 18+ today!
nealpar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: FUN SESSION AT LEO - BUT DON'T SWALLOW THE WATER Reply with quote

theq wrote:
[
Yesterday, even County Line's water had a bit more of an odor to it. Like what hat I'd call "that new ocean smell". It was probably very normal, and more than likely attributable to my a-(Q)cute sense of smell. Still, I'm thankful that my taste-buds aren't so sensitive.

I noticed County being a little "yellowish" yesterday too. And today, I feel a little "flu-ish"....hmmm. Hopefully the 90's in the Valley tomorrow will bake it out of me. Laughing
theq

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: FUN SESSION AT LEO - BUT DON'T SWALLOW THE WATER Reply with quote

nealpar wrote:

I noticed County being a little "yellowish" yesterday too. And today, I feel a little "flu-ish"....hmmm. Hopefully the 90's in the Valley tomorrow will bake it out of me. Laughing

After yesterday's session, I feel more "flush" than "flu-ish", but somehow minty fresh.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magic 8 ball says 20mph tomorrow. 5pm maximum with a wonderful brown turdle bloom.
nealpar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: FUN SESSION AT LEO - BUT DON'T SWALLOW THE WATER Reply with quote

theq wrote:
[After yesterday's session, I feel more "flush" than "flu-ish", but somehow minty fresh.

...and foolish too?
(no reason, just wanted to make a tongue twister out of it)
rowena

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: standing water in the creek at Leo. There should be no reason that there is water in the creek at this time of year. It hasn't rained in awhile. Where is it coming from?

And Governor Schwartzenegger wants to cut funds to the state parks to save money. Usually the politicians do these "drastic cuts" to programs that are very visable to the public to make a statement that there is no money in the state coffers. Truth is, there is plenty of fat that could be trimmed elsewhere, but they know that because people use the parks, if they see a "closed due to lack of funds", they will perhaps vote for tax increases. It's really sad that our little playground is the way our governor wants to illuminate our budget problems. Warm water, algae, bacteria...a toxic soup, I'm afraid. TheQ, I'm surprised you haven't turned purple after your Tidy-Bowl debut.

Idea Arrow Question Exclamation Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad
rowena

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: an addendum... Reply with quote

Even if, indeed, water has accumulated at Leo after winter rains, something could be done by the state to purify the "polio pond", or perhaps pump the water out. Again, it's negligence, because despite California having great resources, a cheap labor force, and ample income from a thriving business climate, human health and recreation are a low priority.

Although we could always make a midnight run and dump bottles of bleach in the toxic soup. DaBull, I'll bet you have at least one stealth military maneuver in you. I see you in camo...dried brush epoxied to your helmet, crawling over PCH, bottles of Clorox Spring Fresh under your arms.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Wink Wink Wink Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad
nealpar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: an addendum... Reply with quote

rowena wrote:
DaBull, I'll bet you have at least one stealth military maneuver in you. I see you in camo...dried brush epoxied to your helmet, crawling over PCH, bottles of Clorox Spring Fresh under your arms.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Wink Wink Wink Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad

While he's "at it", maybe he can swim out to the kelp and hack a nice little path for us for the summer. Hm? Whadayasay?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: