myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Delta Windsurf
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coachg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:43 am    Post subject: Delta Windsurf Reply with quote

Does anyone know if Delta Windsurf is still in business? Their website has been down all winter and they don't respond to emails. I have only been to Sherman mid week, not on weekends lately.

I know there are shops in the bay area, but gas, two hour commute through traffic and bridge tolls make that tough. Thank goodness for the internet shops.

Coachg
mountainbear

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey coachg, they are open. Derek is organizing the store. I know he is very busy getting all the new gear. Hey, did you sail this last weekend?
Arrgh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are now open Fri, Sat and Sun. You can almost always get ahold of them by leaving a message on the answering machine. 916-777-2299.
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year before Delta Windsurf opened for the season, I ordered a Maui Sail carbon boom from Derek by initially contacting him at info@deltawindsurf.com. Also, I ultimately found that he was more reachable by cell at 925-597-0844.
kevinkan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe they opened up April 2.. right now it is only Fri, Sat, and Sun.
https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
coachg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. This Friday I have a minimum day so it will be my first weekend trip to Sherman of the season so I can stop in. Time for a new harness I think.

Mountainbear, I have had some honeydew projects during the weekends so I have only been able to sail locally. Lucky the winds here have been pretty good.

Coachg
beallmd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also hope to be at rio this weekend. I uaually go to the old access but may go to sign if open. Not sure what days yet. I'll be at coyote some of the time. Coyote has had wind just about every day lately but there is forecast warming for this weekend-not sure what that will mean yet. Hope to sail with other humans-it can be very lonely in Rio in april and sept/oct.
beallmd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunday looks good for Rio. Fri and sat I'll be at coyote or 3rd and crossing my fingers watching the ridge for little white bits of cotton balls. I usually find when all is said and done coy/3rd usually have the best chance regardless of forecast. Berkeley never seems to get above 15 or 16 mph, just under planning and frustrating with large chop and cold water... I'll think of Jay and miss him.
coachg

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beallmd,
Sunday's not looking good at Rio right now. Any luck at Coyote? I have a simple rule of thumb, if the drive is longer than the sail I won't go. Four hour round trip to Coyote not counting traffic and I don't think late afternoon sea breezes will give you 4 or more hours of sailing. It looks like my "opening season" at Sherman will have to wait.

Coachg
Arrgh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're watching Sherman on Sunday, better look at more than the wind. If that fire is still burning on the island to the west, it's gonna get ugly when the wind shifts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: