myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
BEWARE OF POSSIBLE INTERNET FRAUD/SCAM HERE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jp5

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nealpar wrote:
When there is an easterly looking breeze in the Valley still prevailing around 1pm, any temporary spike from the right direction at the coast will soon fade or even clock around to also be easterly.

Ya could have shared that bit of information...YESTERDAY!!! Mad
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nealpar,

I know how you feel about custom boards, as all my boards are customs too. Not that current production boards can't be quite trick these days, but the attention to construction details on customs really makes a difference. Also, at least from my perspective, it's worth the extra money to get a board actually shaped by one of the design leaders in the business.

I think that there's little doubt that Keith Teboul is one of the best wave board shapers around. Really, most all the top Maui pros are riding his shapes, even though they're often painted up like production boards. If you're able to get down to PSC this month and meet up with Teboul, there's no question that the time spent will provide some interesting insights and opportunities. If I was you, I'd be prepared to order a new board from him while you're down there. There will very likely be a long list, so getting your name on the schedule will benefit you in the long run.

A number of weeks ago, I was strongly considering going down to PSC for one of the Matt Pritchard/Kevin McGillivrey clinics, but I had back off due to a bunch of other financial commitments. However, I'm seriously targeting next year to do it. Just curious whether you're considering the fly-in approach. That's how I anticipate doing it. A bit pricey, but I think it's the way to go to maximize the opportunity. If you do go the fly-in route, I would be interested in hearing your thoughts about it.
nealpar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate the "lawnmower with wings" type planes, as I was sick for two days after a flight to Catalina island in a 4 seater a while back. I also flew in 6-12 (approx.) seaters between islands in Tahiti and the Maldives, and they were also white-knuckle inducing rides, not to mention the unpleasant engine noise the whole way.

The only people I've heard about flying to PSC operate really small planes, and I just have a "bad feeling" about going with them.
theq

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpbassking wrote:
Between the flukey wind and recent sewer spill one would think that Leo had some kind of Voo-Doo Gypsy curse on it or something?

Hey, that's my line!
I don't know if there's any type of Voo-doo, deal at Leo. There may how ever be a Poo-poo situation there. While surfing yesterday, I didn't like sitting down below the rim, among the seaweed and other delights. The water had a very bad odor. While it may have been from decaying plant matter, it may not have. I felt like a floating toilet mint, whose only job was to freshen things up a bit. It's not the first time I've felt like a toilet mint lately.
I caught a few waves of decent size but didn't feel like paddling out to the rock, where it was breaking with a bit more shape. My first wave, I took off late and had all of my weight on my backside rail, making gravity work against my being able to bottom turn. The second wave, after untangling my feet from 10 lbs. of kelp, my leash got caught between my toes and I had to ride the wave with my feet being hog-tied together. If you think that the seaweed is bad for windsurfing, I can say it's much worse for surfing. After a couple of more closeouts, I finally caught a nice peeler to take me in. It reminded me what I like about surfing, the minimal equipment needed to enjoy it. (All you smart alecs out there, keep your comments about minimal equipment to yourselves. O.K.?).
nealpar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Q-man, thanks. I needed that.
jp5

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q-man the tidy bowl man! Shocked
rhawkins

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Board sale and fake check Reply with quote

I posted to sell a Naish wave board. The only hits I got came from Canada. I received a check made out to cash for $2500 but the name of the bank was misspelled with a capital letter in the middle of the name. I called the bank and they said it was a bad check. I tendered everything to the USPS investigator and emailed the guy that I was turning it over to the postal service. Never heard from him again and I still have the board. RCH
theq

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpbassking wrote:
Q-man the tidy bowl man! Shocked

Tidy Bowl man!? Hell, that guy gets all the glory. I think that he may have even been nominated for a Cleo award! All he's ever done is float around, safe in his ivory tower, while I'm down in the 'trenches' dodging bullets. The Tidy Bowl man has it easy, I tell ya, and he gets all the glory, and the chicks! A toilet mint gets no respect, I tell ya, no respect at all. Crying or Very sad
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for raising the point about sometimes tenuous small plane flights. Frankly, I'm quite subject to motion sickness due to untoward movement, so I understand the downside game that can possibily exist. No question, I'll have to realistically re-think my fate choosing the small plane option.
nealpar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theq wrote:
The Tidy Bowl man has it easy, I tell ya, and he gets all the glory, and the chicks! A toilet mint gets no respect, I tell ya, no respect at all. Crying or Very sad

Ahhh shucks. U so Q.

Ahhhh. Revelation! Is that how you got the name "theQ"? Now I know. You had a stint in 'Nam, where they called you "Q"....as in:

"HEY Q-MAN, ME SO HOHNY....FAYY DALLAH SOLDJHA...COME U Q MAN....FAYY DALLAH...MAKE U HAPPY MAN!

Am I right?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: