myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Lake Quannapowitt open

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OliverTwist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Lake Quannapowitt open Reply with quote

I sailed Lake Q today. It was one of those days. I went there thinking I'd stand-up paddle if the wind was too light. It was really light when I got there but by the time I had my drysuit on there were whitecaps. I rigged a 7.5 and went out on my Go 140. But by the time I launched it had died down. I slogged 1/2 way across the lake and the wind died. There was nothing. I was pumping the sail to get back to the beach but finally got a little air to bring me to shore.

I got out my paddle and my longboard and set out paddling and the wind came back. I went back to shore and got my rig and headed out again but the wind died.

All in all I got one good planing run. But as Andy Brandt says, 'Every day of sailing is a great day of sailing'.
spark1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sailed Lake Quan last Monday, and I think the water was colder than Boston Harbor. Some fun wind though. Bring on the sun! That lake warms up so fast.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: