myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Bay Area Kiteboarders killed and injured in motorcycle crash

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STEELEMAN

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Bay Area Kiteboarders killed and injured in motorcycle crash Reply with quote

On Tuesday March 16th around 6:15pm Steve Shannon and Eric Wilcox were returning from a kiting session at Stinson Beach on their motorcycles when a truck crossed the double yellow killing Steve instantly and severely injuring Eric. The service for Steve was held on the 22nd in Tiburon. Steve was passionate about everything he did but his favorite was Kiting. A college fund has been set up for his 2 girls and his wife Heather (with our assistance) plan on selling Steve's "sports warehouse" with proceeds going to the fund. Steve kept excellent care of everything he owned from longboards to golf clubs including windsurfing gear and will be posted on this site early next week. Any inquiries can be addressed to Tom Steele tsteele@bloomberg.net God bless Steve and say a prayer for Eric. http://www.marinij.com/ci_8632028?source=most_viewed
tsokat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a tragedy for our wind sport community. My thoughts and prayers to Steve's and Eric's families and to Eric for a full recovery.
jwallace

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Live da Life! Reply with quote

Steele,

Your words on Saturday were so eloquent and filled with love and passion. As Steve's "cousin-in law" I feel hit very hard by this.

Steve was just a great guy, and truly "lived da life." Lori, William and I speak of Uncle Steve often and are remembering him in everything we do.

We feel you, Steve... in the wind... the waves... and the mountains...

- John
theq

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like this guy lived himself a good life. It's too bad that those close to him will have to suffer the loss. My condolences to his family and friends. May they have strength and perspective in dealing with their grief.
theQ
dinoman8

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Missing Steve Shannon already! Reply with quote

Hey all,

It has taken many days to get the sadness out, but today I rode at Tamarancho into the wind, with a dash of rain. I seriously felt like I was on my ride with steve, thinking of him and wilcox and the other junkies most likely grabbing another early season session! Right on, get well Eric , lets see you out soon.

Dino
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: