myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Jalama week
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
earle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not to mention the one of the biker gang dudes scratched my brand new BMW 7 series with their leather chaps as they walked by next to the bathroom... guess he had some lower pressure and was in a hurry and didnt want to walk around the other side of my car.

you will know him when you see him, hes the guy with a dream catcher on his handlebars... he told me he came for the burger and i guess he didnt know the grill shut down about a month ago...

let me know if you see or hear anything else about this guy... he definetly made me not want to go back any time soon...
capetonian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since when do windsurfers drive to Jalama in a brand new seven series? Salt water on that shiny paintwork? Shocked Doesn't seem very bright, does it. Just based on that post, I would deduce earle is a kiter. Wink

Question for Kevinmc, Swchandler and other genuine posters - is the road really closed? I am thinking of heading up there on Friday since the forecast is good and the office is closed for Good Friday.
hunwil1984

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't
capetonian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hunwil1984 wrote:
Don't

What's with the negative attitude? I prefer sailing with other people, watching others inspires me to try things I wouldn't otherwise try.

With that kind of attitude, karma will ensure that every time you catch a wave there will be a kook on it.
hunwil1984

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
With that kind of attitude, karma will ensure that every time you catch a wave there will be a kook on it.

We have our ways of dealing with that...
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Capetonian,

Unfortunately, I haven't gone to Jalama so far this year, so I'm afraid that I have no current information. However, maybe Kevinmc, Mike Cole or Eddy B can comment further. Frankly, I have to question the negative posts. You can always call Steve the Jalama Beach Store to potentially learn more. I seriously doubt that the store has been closed, but if it has, you can call Santa Barbara County Parks Department to get the straight picture.
jp5

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

earle wrote:
not to mention the one of the biker gang dudes scratched my brand new BMW 7 series with their leather chaps as they walked by next to the bathroom... guess he had some lower pressure and was in a hurry and didnt want to walk around the other side of my car.

you will know him when you see him, hes the guy with a dream catcher on his handlebars... he told me he came for the burger and i guess he didnt know the grill shut down about a month ago...

let me know if you see or hear anything else about this guy... he definetly made me not want to go back any time soon...

Most biker types don't care much for yuppie beemer drivers. Evil or Very Mad
Kevinmc

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open roads, and tasty burgers. Good wind, good waves. Windsurfers and kiters ripping. I agree, I like seeing people on the water (both windsurfing and kiting) on a good day. Mr. Hunwil wasn't even around several years back when there were "tons" of people going to Jalama. And even then, there were no problems. People were stoked for each other.

I don't know what the big deal is anyways. Most of the good kiters head down to Tarantulas leaving plenty of room for everyone. I've never had any problems with the kiters getting in my way and hopefully I'm not in theirs. I get stoked for my kite friends when they score while I'm waiting for the wind to pick up.

And at least I'm not trolling the kiting forum trying to slag Jalama or kiters.
dudco

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Road open Reply with quote

Just got off the phone with the Jalama store, The road is open and the burgers are cookin! It has been my experience that guys that drive and talk about thier BMW"s are jerks!
mikecole

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely spot on Kevin. There’s plenty of room at the J for everyone to enjoy. Curiously, I’ve never met Hunter or Earl… Not really sure what the underlying problem is with those fellows but one thing is for sure, thinly veiled attempts to intimidate others will not serve you well at Jalama. The break at Jalama can bust up sailors, kiters and their gear so it’s a comfort for me to know that my fellow sailors and kiters are my friends and will come to my aid if necessary. As Kevin points out, there are no Jalama “locals” but there is a core group of “regulars” and that group includes sailors and kiters. Having a good relationship with this group of “regulars” can only be a good thing. It’s vital to me because I’m one of the weaker sailors in the group Confused

Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: