myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Jalama week
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hunwil1984

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look at my other posts I am an equal opportunity discriminator I side with no kiters or windsurfers except earle. And just like the Leo Crewis trying to educate people on the safety concerns of Leo to provoke the kook crowd to go elsewhere I am just genuinely try to do the same for Jalama.

But the road really is closed and that is how I can tell that none of you have been there recently.
jp5

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd probably drown at Jalama so I don't go there but I would think that you would want to be buddies with everyone else there in case your mast or boom breaks on the outside. I've seen kiters tow in windsurfers before and I have offered a tow to a kiter who for some reason wanted to swim the mile and a half back to shore.
Rdriscoll2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Jalama Reply with quote

Hey Kevin, Coming to the J in early April, same group, same spot. Doobs got the dates. Hope to see if ya if the conditions warrant. Tulum and cancun have had a good spring.
Rob
Kevinmc

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo Rob!

Good to hear from you. The J has been pretty good so far this Spring so hopefully you'll get some great conditions! I'll be there for sure if it's blowing as long as it's before April 11th. We're taking off for San Carlos that day in case ya wanna come on down!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

And by the way, I'll see your Tulum/Cancun comment and raise you a Turks and Caicos. Had a great two weeks with lots of sailing!! See ya soon!
-Kevinmc
boardsportsrule4

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin! i think i met you at jalama a couple months ago. i was on naishes, you were on gastras, 4.2/4.7, had some burgers afterwards...any ways, i am on spring break, and any day after this tuesday i think i am going to head down to jalama and camp out. We are on spring break here at cal poly. You have any plans to head out there in the up coming week? i think me any my kiting buddies will be camping out there for a couple nights. any advice on where to forecast for it? hope to see you out there!!
capetonian

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As intended, I drove to Jalama on Friday. This being my first time there I was amazed at how beautiful the scenery is from where the route branches off from the 101 (the road out from Santa Barbara along the coast is pretty awesome too). Beautiful green rolling hills, etc. The locals were really friendly too, and it was a pleasure to meet those that I did (I was the guy on the blue Maui Sails and Starboard Evo for those who I didn't introduce myself to).

What also impressed me was the level of sailing (easy to see despite the less than perfect conditions on Friday) compared to us LA sailors. In LA I think I am an average sailor, but at Jalama I am the biggest kook in the water.

I look forward to many future trips to Jalama.

Phil
nealpar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes

Now where does that place you compared to Maui sailors, or dare I say, the pros???

Capetonian, there is no need to state the obvious. Leisure time+local conditions=ability level!!! It's as simple as that.

No need to shit on LA sailors who work for a living and/or have professional and family commitments, or have interests besides carving waves and comparing the size of their.....fins all f'n day long!

You sound like some twentysomething windsurfer.....except that you're NOT!
capetonian

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nealpar wrote:
You sound like some twentysomething windsurfer

I got all excited thinking that you were giving me a compliment...

nealpar wrote:
.....except that you're NOT!
then I read the rest of your sentence. Confused
nealpar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for taking you on an emotional roller-coaster with my sentence. Smile
jp5

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nealpar wrote:
Rolling Eyes

....and comparing the size of their.....fins all f'n day long!

hey..I resemble that remark.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: