myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Windsurfing spouse. Good thing or bad??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nealpar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Windsurfing spouse. Good thing or bad?? Reply with quote

kevinkan wrote:
6. you can't check out other hot windsurfers.
that's what sunglasses are for Laughing

The other often used trick is to let her walk in front of you.....as if you were a gentleman........'cause she can't see what you're looking at if she's ahead of you. Right????? Am I right????
FredBGG

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I'd spice up this thread with some very pretty windsurfing footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQJN1in0vr4

But seriously women make great windsurfers. Very good style and technique. They have an elegnce out on the water that the guys just don't have.

On a less serious not can you imagine guys riding topless in chilly water.
Talk about shrinkage ...... ouch and blue with cold.

Got to add that back in the day when I windsurfed (I now kite Embarassed ) I refined my technique buy watching to local ladies that really knew what they were doing.

Cheers

Fred
nealpar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FredBGG wrote:
Fred

That video looks like it was shot at Sprecks. ....bet the guys don't care where it was shot.
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FredBGG wrote:

Cheers

Fred

Dude, I was on my way to clean the garage, now I'll be watchin' this all afternoon. Rolling Eyes

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
jp5

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"'cause she can't see what you're looking at if she's ahead of you. Right????? Am I right????"

That's only if she looks as good going as she does coming... Rolling Eyes
madspaniard

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nealpar wrote:

That video looks like it was shot at Sprecks. ....bet the guys don't care where it was shot.

I'm not sure this was shot at Sprecks, some of the ladies show clear and "pointy' signs of being in cold waters
madmax7

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: girls Reply with quote

Ahh, them where the days....

The real reason I got into this sport...

Where did those girls go...?

Confused
jse

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. if you have kids then one has to stay home while the other windsurfs.
Kids can't windsurf too?

2. you need twice the gear.
Make that 3 times the gear (see #1)

3. you can't call home and ask the spouse to turn on the jacuzzi so that it's ready when you get home.
That's what kids are for

4. dinner won't be ready when you get home.
That's what kids are for

5. you need a huge vehicle to carry all the gear.
If you have kids, you probably already drive a minivan

Steve
theq

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The boards stood out like a sore thumb, being asymmetrical and all. Everything else looked quite symmetrical to me. Very fine indeed. Thanks for the link. Ah...the good old days....of my dreams. If such was truly what was to be found, I'd most surely be, Maui bound.

Guys just want to have fun with girls who want to have fun with guys who want to have fun with......
spyder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to think having a windsurfing girlfriend or spouse would be awesome, but now it's way less desirable. (currently for me it's kitesurfing, but same debate).

Our sex life became proportional to the stoke level of her sesh, which was a direct translation of her mood.
-crappy sesh = no sex
-ok sesh = she needed to hit 24 fitness to feel satisfied, then too tired for sex
-good sesh = if clean the floor, and take out the trash, maybe sex
-great sesh = sex

basically it came down to "no stoke" or "low stoke" = BAD MOOD which had serious consequences for me. all you guys out there know about BAD MOODs of the significant other, right ?

Also, it meant less autonomy with my decisions to sail, no more "it's windy ... I'll go sail" it became, "huny, it's windy, can we go sailing ?"
if she wasn't available, then neither would sail, unless I didn't care about "the punishment".

the punishment was a combination of weapons she used, including no sex for an extended period.

if we did agree on a "sailing time" then I would normally have to wait while the wind cranked on, and then it came time for us to actually sail, the wind would invariably die, resulting in "no stoke", go to above to find out the consequences.

of course, I was ultimately responsible for :
(a) the maintenance and storage of her gear, any problems resulted in "no stoke"
(b) the transportation and rigging of her gear, again any problems resulted in "no stoke"
(c) making sure there were no problems while on the water, or "no stoke" would occur. even if I wasted my sesh to save her.
(d) derigging and carrying the gear to the truck. of course I could hope that she would help, but never could be any direct requests.

I should also note that my stoke level would never enter the equation. if I had a bad sesh, it had to be buried deep. Any negative vibe would diminish her stoke, which might translate to "no stoke", which again, I would suffer.

Finally we had to immediately depart for the next activity after sailing. No more hanging out with the sailing buddies to yack about the great sesh we all just had. NOPE ! it was off to 24 fitness, or cleaning the floor or food shopping, or a 5 mile run, or whatever. if the sailing sesh made a kink in her plans, well, "NO STOKE" would instantly occur.

beware my friends of desiring a sailing spouse or girlfriend. it could be the kiss of death. Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: