myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
st.pete surf sesh puts hair on my chest:)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JonTheSailorMan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject: st.pete surf sesh puts hair on my chest:) Reply with quote

so this last front kinda pushed some swell through huh? anybody 'sides me get out there? i rigged up a 7.0 (nill downhaul) and stuck it on 12'3'' over at upham. wind was like 2-3 kt no more with a couple a knee-waist high sets rollin in. huffed it out to that sandbar right off a sunset and the only guyes i was sharing with were a bunch a dolphins Very Happy 'bout an hour and a half till sun down wind picked up to about ten, which made perfect... for about twenty minutes. then it started to build. at first it was just a couple a 14 kt gusts... no problem. then the wind gods hit the twenty kt button Wink if you ever want to have an interesting experience ws'n, try taking 12"+ board with no foot straps on an over powered sail into a full on small-craft advisory swell-frothed cold front Very Happy wicked fun. i took a massive down-winder back to the beach and went back home to grab my new sail and get it ready for its maiden voyage. got it all rigged about ten minutes after sun down, brand new 6.0 switch. i couldn't see anything man! wow what a ride, wound up super fast sailing in cold-front temps and great swells. gota love them cold fronts... wens the next one btw? sry bout the rant.
jingebritsen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch out the tube battens on the Switch. Great sail. If you get some serious surfs, use another sail or replace the tubes with rods...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: