myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
another blown forecast
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wind.Man

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey speedysailor-

to be honest, I dont really care how many other people took the day off - all I care about is that I did - based on the forecast of iwindsurf.

This has been a nice thread - why do you have to get involved anyway? We all know you post under multiple aliases and just like to cause trouble. So my advice - mind your own business. I could care less about anything you have to say.

I had a frustrating experience last wednesday and choose to post about it here. I have enjoyed speaking with all the others listed in this thread about their experiences/frustrations. It is always nice to know that others have the same problems/hopes/wishes you do.

So Speedysailor,Bruicie, ect - shut the hell up!!!
jp4wind

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, this is just great...

Today...I'm not getting any forecast at all (daily or extended)

way to go
Wind.Man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry jp4wind - bit I dont think this thread had anything to do with no more forecasts....unfortunately, its just that time of year
jp4wind

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah....i just found that out....timing is everything...

there are folks that do go out in the winter....pity I-Windsurf doesn't recognize that~~ i mean I still pay for my account....

sighhhhhhh
bwdiii

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: forecasts - where are they? Reply with quote

Far as I can tell as of today the forecasts have been blown
-right off the server!
Is this a holiday?
A new "level of service"?
A bug in the system?
What am I missing here besides my human forecast/discussions?
Hope they come back...
Feeling a little clueless...
USAM1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: forecasts Reply with quote

unfortunately, the folks at i windsurf have issues providing us cold weather sailors with daily forecasts. has been that way since i've been on board. this is the time of year when you need to become your own weatherman. if you blow the forecast, you have no one to blame but yourself. seems like for the cash they charge, we should be getting year round coverage.
speedysailor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wind.Man wrote:
Hey speedysailor-

to be honest, I dont really care how many other people took the day off - all I care about is that I did - based on the forecast of iwindsurf.

This has been a nice thread - why do you have to get involved anyway? We all know you post under multiple aliases and just like to cause trouble. So my advice - mind your own business. I could care less about anything you have to say.

I had a frustrating experience last wednesday and choose to post about it here. I have enjoyed speaking with all the others listed in this thread about their experiences/frustrations. It is always nice to know that others have the same problems/hopes/wishes you do.

So Speedysailor,Bruicie, ect - shut the hell up!!!
What an @ho. You post as if you are some royal leader of a group and don't even let us know where the forecast was pinpointed because we should certainly know who you are. Then you put this garbage on the forum. Do yourself a favor and go back to your menial job.
Wind.Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey speedysailor-

maybe if you stopped posting under a thousand different names people would give you more respect. everyone knows you post just to stir things up.

I will say it again - shut up. I don't care what you have to say. As usual, it was a good thread with lots of insightful comments until you posted, then it goes downhill.

And by the way - menail job? Why does it matter what I do for a living. If I collect trash for a living does that make me less important? That was a stupid thing to say. What someone does for a living has no impact on who that person is.

Again - shut up!
bwdiii

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: lack of winter forecasts.
yeah I sort of thought it was like that.
Usually don't notice i guess because my winter sailing follows the obvious synoptics, no need really, just a look at thermometer and clouds, sniff the wind and go.
Spring and early fall is when it seems to matter the most.
Now if I can figure out how to provide a part time service and charge year round for it... like propane or fuel oil, hmmm..
All the same, I'm not planning to bail. Daily discussion would be nice, though.
Turkey is calling.
pueno

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seedysailor wrote:

What an @ho...Then you put this garbage on the forum...

Say, Brucie, since you're the world's biggest turkey ---- Happy Thanksgiving! Don't gobble too much. Wink

Regards to mom. Is she out of rehab yet? Who's cooking your big meal? Doreen? Judy? Or are you going to Wendy's for a turkeyburger with fries?

We used to go to Coonamessett Inn for a pretty good meal, but I doubt you can swing that since you have no income. Laughing When mom gives you a bigger allowance, try the Crane Brook Restaurant and Tea Room in Carver. Very Happy Very Happy If you like the Flying Bridge, you'll like Crane Brook.

Then, again, you need a car to get from East Falmouth to Carver, so I guess you're SOL, big guy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: