myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Windsurfer[Kiteboarder] Found Dead in Wisconsin Lake

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
itbrmov37

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Windsurfer[Kiteboarder] Found Dead in Wisconsin Lake Reply with quote

I thought I'd post this to see if anyone heard about this, I saw it on StarTribune.com

http://www.startribune.com/462/story/1562707.html

Sad
mogunn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Windsurfer Found Dead in Wisconsin Lake Reply with quote

itbrmov37 wrote:
I thought I'd post this to see if anyone heard about this, I saw it on StarTribune.com

http://www.startribune.com/462/story/1562707.html

Sad

Seems it may have been a kiter from Illinois.
Kiteforum link here

geohaye

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is pretty sad.

Deputies recover Illinois kitesurfer's body from Wisconsin lake

JEFFERSON, Wis. (AP) An Illinois man was found dead Tuesday after kitesurfing on Lake Koshkonong.

Deputies found the body of Jeffrey S. Meissner, 40, of Huntley, Ill., early Tuesday morning. He had been reported missing about 8 p.m. Monday by someone who said he might be kitesurfing on the lake, according to a news release from the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office.

Deputies found Meissner's car parked on the lake's north shore and a sail and surfboard on the southeast side of the lake. Rock County deputies and Milton firefighters, who were helping in the search, found Meissner's body about 2 a.m.

The Jefferson County coroner pronounced Meissner dead at the scene. An autopsy will be done to determine how he died.

http://wcco.com/wisconsinwire/22.0.html?type=local&state=WI&category=n&filename=WI--WindsurfingFatal.xml
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: