myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Lost bar at Isabella

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bdbass3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Lost bar at Isabella Reply with quote

Hi all.....I've posted this on ikitesurf but since theres were only two kites out today I figured I'd try my luck here. Anyways I lost my slingshot 2007 profire bar on the shore of the west auxillary dam today sunday 9/17/07 between 12 and 3pm. I had de rigged for the day and was lounging around for about 30 min when I realized I forgot to wrap up my lines. When I went to where I left the bar/lines I saw a latino family of 3 hurriedly packing up to jump in there small black suv when they realized I was there. They were the only ones around and I can't even imagine why they'd want my bar. Anyways if anyone has my bar and wants to give back I'd love it.

Thanks
Mike Sanchez
bdbass3@yahoo.com
windoggi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn latinos! Lost a mast to a bunch of 'em last year! What IS it with those people?
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On an evening sail at Goteta Beach in the very early 90's, I came in after sunset, and derigged my sail. While I put the boom and mast away in my van, I think that some Latinos got away with my sail.

Before I went out, they were surprisingly full of questions about the cost of the rig and so forth, and that made me wonder. In the end, they were there in an adjacent area while I derigged, and they were quickly gone by the time I discovered my missing sail.

Really, my stupidity for being frank with truely uncharacteristic folks. While they might have seemed interested and inquisitive, they weren't really too honest about their intentions.

Realistically, it makes me want to continually question the intent of our opportunistic visitors from the south.
windoggi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
On an evening sail at Goteta Beach in the very early 90's, I came in after sunset, and derigged my sail. While I put the boom and mast away in my van, I think that some Latinos got away with my sail.

Before I went out, they were surprisingly full of questions about the cost of the rig and so forth, and that made me wonder. In the end, they were there in an adjacent area while I derigged, and they were quickly gone by the time I discovered my missing sail.

Really, my stupidity for being frank with truely uncharacteristic folks. While they might have seemed interested and inquisitive, they weren't really too honest about their intentions.

Realistically, it makes me want to continually question the intent of our opportunistic visitors from the south.

oops...I was attempting to make a JOKE. I was just PRETENDING to be a racist asshole.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While you might have been pretending, my situation was unfortunately a cold reality. I had to buy a new sail to replace the stolen one.

While I don't want to be against anybody based on their ethnicity or background, what actually happens tends to catch our attention. Just look at the hard realities regarding some of the leading crime statisitics, including violent crimes. Without question, Latinos score very high in Southern California.

Just one reason why many are against illegal immigration in our state. Although many Latinos are focused and hardworking (maybe a majority of them), it's sad to say, quite a few are not.

I wish the real numbers told a different story.
windoggi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is the immigrant here? How many cities in California start with Los or Las or San or Santa? Then we have Miwok...

Thieves (sp?) come in all colors...and the really good ones wear suits. Maybe Dick Cheney has your sail.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: