myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Windsurfing Videos Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Summer thermals gone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mkrasnoff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:31 am    Post subject: Summer thermals gone? Reply with quote

Mitch K is back by popular demand from his hiatus, but on a provisional basis.

Seems the summer thermals are history for the Malibu corridor. We’ve had a major reset in the weather. I checked my sailing archive notes and we usually get a decent run at the end of September for a few days sometimes leading into early October, but this year has been anything but typical. From then on, it’s a quick thermal from the leading and trailing edge from a Santa Ana and then storm associated clearing winds. Speaking of clearing winds, NOAA is predicting a chance of showers starting Wed after midnight through Friday, which means we probably won’t get any rain but may get the winds associated with this front, possible Wed afternoon. I hope it happens.

Was it a good summer for wind and waves or just whining?

Inquiring minds still have some unanswered questions about the players from various posts the last few weeks.

(1) What will Gregor do if his kid wants to be a junior lifeguard when she grows up? That will be a kooky situation to say the least. It’s unfair to call Gregor “angry man” anymore. He’s married now, has a baby girl. Anyone can vouch that he is orders of magnitude less vocal and more sedate. He needs a new moniker though. Maybe “less angry man”. JDMalibu’s ribbing in another post was downright cruel. Maybe it was an inside joke. Hope so. Gregor’s a good guy. He’s just more animated and passionate about his sailing than most of us.

(2) JDMalibu – “Who are you stranger?” (ref Men in Black II – Train Station Locker scene) “All hail J, All hail J. Oh J can you see.” That was just on TCM or TNT over the weekend. Both the original and the sequel just crack me up. Very well done for my demented sense of humor. The Leo regulars can’t figure out who you are J. More hints please.

(3) I need to give you the inside 411 on daBull. He now has a trophy room with a freshly stuffed 3 point buck, the shell of a giant sea turtle from Maui, and countless other road kill and ocean creatures. BTW - I didn’t see any skid marks on “the secret road.” You have to wonder. The big question is what took out that blue whale that washed up off Ventura this week? They said in the paper today ”it was struck by a ship” but I don’t buy it. I’d venture to say you’d see some fiberglass and epoxy DNA of a TA Bladeweed fin embedded in that blubber. A container ship or daBull on his 8.0 and Naish Hybrid, no difference, results are the same. Does anyone know the hot tip line number for the state game warden. I’m sure there’s a hefty reward we can share.

(4) TheQ, TheQ, what did you do? You blew your cover. The government has spent a lot of money hiding you under the witness protection program and you threw it all away by revealing your true identity on the iws forum. Don’t count on being pardoned for this act of treason. Serves you right for having political bumper stickers on your car. BTW – I don’t see any early picks for the 08 campaign. Anything brewing?

See ya on the water!
jpbassking

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see the return of Mkrasner.

In years past we have had some warm days in October, but as you said this year has been anything but typical so who knows.

What can you say about a guy with a trophy room full of dead animals? In some parts of the country he would be known as a "red neck", in fact his very name "DaBull" gives me the image of a guy named "Buck" with a John Deer tractor hat and an easy rider rifle rack in the back of his pickup truck - "Why don't you get a haircut boy". Let us not speak too much of this as the animal rights activists may try and shut down the secret road.

Kudos to Angryman for settling down and starting a family. Now is certainly a good time to lose that temper. Or, just take it out on all of us - that's what friends are for eh? Besides, the big bold font makes your posts easy enough to read without glasses. Razz

JD - your post was downright mean dude. Evil or Very Mad

Possible clearing winds this weekend?? Question
theq

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpbassking:

It's MKrasnoff, not MKrasner. If you don't get it right, your knuckles will be paid a visit by none other than, that fire-breathing, ruler-wielding, nunchakus- rosary-flipping, nun, Nunzilla. You'd better straighten up young man, and fast! I can tell you from experience, that sh-t hurts.

Besides, Mitsh is a reel stikklerr fer speling. Twisted Evil

E-noff said. Razz
jpbassking

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Yeah..I know what the real spelling is. Nealpar started it, blame her.
beallmd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there something about breathing the LA air that is affecting you guys down south? I seem to follow the Norcal and even gorge stuff ok, but found I am frequenting wikipedia to look up such things as the merry pranksters for a refresher course, as I was there for some of it; but as they say; if you can remember it, then you weren't there. Also a quick course on damn the torpedoes- turns out the guy was commemorated on the east coast. So all I can say is; don't crush that dwarf...
theq

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry man, I should've seen that it was tongue-in-cheek. I guess we don't have access to a perfect emoticon for tongue-in-cheek. My bad. Now I must present my knuckles to Nunzilla, what's left of them. Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: