myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Baja- San Quintin, San Carlos, La Ventana
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
capetonian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpbassking wrote:
and yeah he was framed. Laughing

Yeah, for arrogance. He really wasn't as big a ... as those tapes made him sound.
rowena

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why we have Blackwater, so we don't have to reinstate the draft for the Iraq War.

Although military men actually don't like the draft because the soldiers aren't obviously motivated, and so morale is low. Also, in the draft, the soldiers end up poorly trained because they'll be in and out in a relatively short period of time, whereas today's soldiers are truly professionals. They're trained and then serve for 3-4 years.

So it's interesting, because I know, JPBassking, I'm your age, and so many of my friends were scared shitless when their draft number came in the mail. If it was under 75, it was a death sentence.

But the war could have ended in 1970. Nixon prolonged it because he wanted "Peace with Honor" and the Democrats were so disorganized, they couldn't present a solid platform at the Democratic Convention in Chicago in 1968. Just Hubert Humphrey waffling on his position. Then the riots, remember? A horrible time. But at least we were all participants in the war because of the draft. I'm not sure how aware we are of the Iraq War today because we're not confronted with it on a daily basis. When your friends were drafted, served and then died, it became a reality very quickly.

American people don't want to see photos of the carnage in their newspapers. Every time a newspaper runs photos of the bloodshed in Iraq, there's an uproar. Now, that's myopic!

Gosh I'm still ranting. I have to go to work now....
jp5

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our collective appoligies to CoolMtnBiker048 for going so far off topic. He has probably abandoned his thread and written all of us off for the politically ranting, saltwater on the brain, lunatics that we are. Rolling Eyes
windanseaphoto

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject: Major crimes up 25% in Mexico in first half of year Reply with quote

MEXICO CITY – Gangland-style murders and kidnappings reached record levels during the first half of the year, a report from Mexico's Congress has found.

“We suffer from more homicides, that is to say, violent deaths, than any other region in the world except for certain regions on the African continent,” said Eduardo Rojas, who helped put together the crime report at the Center for Social and Public Opinion Studies, a research arm of the Mexico's Chamber of Deputies.

Kidnapping is a multimillion-dollar industry in Mexico. The report from Congress indicates there are about 4,500 kidnappings a year, about a third of which are reported. Greg Bangs, head of the kidnapping and ransom unit at the Chubb Group of Insurance Cos., said Mexico has rocketed past Colombia to become the world's ransom capital.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20070923/news_1n23mexico.html
D-wo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baja = Mexico City Question Hardly.
madmax7

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Off topic & where is Mexico? Reply with quote

Im headed for Mexico in November for turkey day and in January, then just to piss you guys off I'm headed to Venezuela to see our good friend Chavez. I hear he's real pro Bush...(margarita, love that place)

u guys tell me of one country I can go live that's not driven by greed...
I least here I have some freedoms left...
yes, our Presidents have been wrong, but at least we can critique them and do something about them without getting our butts thrown in jail...
I've been on the other side, one of those anti american countries, but I still like what this country stands for, even though we are slowly loosing it 'cause most people dont know what we stand for....

For now I enjoy making an adequate living, having access to good things, and being able to enjoy what I enjoy... I visit other countries (hell I'm from another country) and I enjoy their citizens, but I choose to live here...
Max
PS lots of Europeans still coming to the states, and the Mexicans still cross the borders 'cause Corporations need cheap labor. Why u think so much work is leaving the states...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: