myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Watch for SF Bay access opportunities

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blake64

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Watch for SF Bay access opportunities Reply with quote

SF Bay sailors--
Randy Anderson used to watch the BCDC bulletins to make sure the local gang does not miss any chances to improve access dramatically along the shoreline. Maybe other guys do too. But, honestly, the best chance to improve and protect access along the bay shore would be for a few guys to be true heroes and contact the BCDC and get on the list to receive their bulletin.

I don't live in the bay area anymore, work duties called me elsewhere. otherwise I'd volunteer.

then when someone like the SF 49'ers, or Genentech, etc, puts in an application for bayside development, all we need to do is get into the process a few requirements to improve local access, and voila. Really can work.

The guy that wrote about the dead dog at candlestick in the "General" forum hit on something. We need to keep watch and improve things whenever we can. it really is up to us.

And we should do all of this as volunteers and members of the SFBA -- but we cannot just sit back and wait for 'the SFBA' to do it, I know that the SFBA has several members that work hard at various tasks, and they are to be commended -- but there's no way thousands of us can depend on a few guys to do everything to protect our access.

mt bikers have an ethic of doing a certain amount of organized trail-maintenance work per year -- if you ride the trails, you should do your part to keep 'em good. And this is something we should focus on for windsurfing access too.

It'd be great if someone local would volunteer to watch the BCDC applications and look for chances to get involved and ultimately improve access at Candlestick, tigers/Genentech, 3rd Ave... we might get a chance any time, this year, 2 years from now, 5 years from now, but another chance is certain to come down the pike. for that one person, or those few people who volunteer to do this -- learn how the process works and watch for opp's in the bulletin -- even if that's the ONLY thing they do, it would be maybe the most important role of all.

http://www.bcdc.ca.gov
50 California Street, Suite 2600, San Francisco CA 94111 (415) 352-3600

Tons of other things people can do, i guess, but this one comes to mind because it's so specific -- and if you aint doin it, you will miss something. i'm sure we missed a big fat chance or 2 along the tigers-Genentech shoreline in the recent decade, but that's just more motivation to get organized.....and not miss the next opportunity

get involved, nuff said.

blake
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: