myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Let's help travelling windsurfer Cabrillo Crew!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dabull1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Let's help travelling windsurfer Cabrillo Crew! Reply with quote

Hi gang! I was intrigued by reading the post by Ravil from Kazan, Russia, who described a trip he is planning for September to the US, including a swing to the west coast to windsurf. I emailed him and he replied that he plans to be in the LA area roughly Sept 5th through the 12th. He's a 48 year old non-smoker and appears to be an avid hiker, windsurfer, and kiteskier[ check out the pictures he links to on his post]. He is starting his trip in Kansas City where he's a participant in the annual Irish[!] festival, and then catching a Greyhound to come out to the coast. Since he's on a limited budget for this adventure, and he's self-concious about his English, I thought that I'd put the word out to sailors and kiters in the Cabrillo area who might be able to offer a deal to him for accomodations that would make it easier for him to sail Cabrillo. I suggested contacting Captain Kirk's for rentals and offered to lend him some of my gear on the weekend. Unfortunately, I live in Sherman Oaks, so it would be very impractical for Ravil to stay 45 miles away from Cabrillo. So hey gang, let's see if we can help a travelling brother of the wind. Ravil's email is mravil2003@gmail.com . Check out his post and let's see if we can help him find a spare guest bed or a great rate at a local lodge. This could be a lot of fun for everyone who gets involved! Dabull
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You sure this isn't Borat?

If he needs a large wave board and older sail mast and boom I've got them. Malibu use only!!
Ravil

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You sure this isn't Borat? Ok! It's really good question! Unfortunatelly no way to check beforehand... Sorry. What am I going to do in CA ? To ask questions:
Where, how to get, how much , is it safety and others... Hope it's not a big deal! Smile
What am I going not to do: ask for money and similar things. But not about discounts! Smile)
Saved money in present trip is the basement for the next. I have some plans about NZ for the next year.
Sorry about stolen boards in next topic. I had such experience at home.
And immediatly ask question:
Is it safe to keep laptop and documents, credit card in a car during surf session? I think you could imagine the stranger with nothing! Smile
In Lagayna, Maui in 2003 it was safe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: