myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Moving to L.A. (USC) from the Gorge... yah baby!...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jp5

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"That picture is awesome, and it also reveals what happens on a "good day" like that one, which is that you'll be "sharing" or be "forced to share" the waves with surfers and kiters. "

That windsurfer isn't sharing shit, he just snaked the now shitouttaluck surfer who had a shot at a pretty bitchen ride until he got dropped in on.
windwiner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take up surfing or move north and transfer to a college in the bay area, because what you consider windsurfing after living in the Gorge does not exist in SoCal. Yes you'll get out for a few sessions here and there so keep your biggest equipment, but seriously take up surfing, you'll have way more time on the water.
jdmalibu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FredBGG and Bipbip,

While I am not a fan of localism, and agree with you that local surf-culture is one step above the Taliban, I think your approach is wrong here.

Walk with me on this one:

If you look at nealpar's and kpsounis's replies, you will see balanced, well thought out, informative, and helpful posts that will actually deliver constructive value to whoever is reading them.

Fred's post, on the other hand, is a very misleading picture which makes Leo look like Maui, coupled with a caption that is incomplete at best, if not simply wrong. Here is what it will achieve:
1. Poor Trojan dude who originate this post will drive to Leo with high-expectations, while the place he should really go to is Cabrillo for better wind and half the drive. So, all you did is a disservice to him while hiding behind your "information is free, share the love, hug a tree, coombaya" approach.
2. 1000 lurkers on this forum who are likely to travel to LA sometime in the near future will now show up at our local spot.

Look, I am a big fan of being hospitable and sharing information about your home to fellow-man. But shouting to the world that the key is under the doormat and your wife is waiting in the living room naked, plucked, with knee pads on her knees, a bottle of KY in her left hand and a beer in her right -- is flat out stupid. ...not to mention inconsiderate to the poor visitors who will travel all the way to find that the beer is warm and flat, the KY bottle is empty, and your wife looks like a Danni De Vito with tits. (In case you really are flat-out stupid - don't take this personally, this was a metaphor - I am sure your wife looks like Barbie and the bottle is always full in your house).

Anyway, I digress. Bottom line: While localism sucks, I'd rather deal with our local problems any day (Steven Bard, George, and Angryman) than with 1000 tourists in the line-up looking for Fred's wife floating on her empty bottle of KY looking like a whale but making dolphin sounds -- bipbip bipbip bipbip....

Alright, so let's make this constructive: Please, pretty please, with freddi on top, and bipbip in the middle - think before you post. capisce?

And while you're at it - Freddi, please redeem yourself and delete the image you've uploaded earlier. If you do it quick enough, maybe only 500 tourists will show up. Like the old Cliche: Bad roads bring good people, good roads bring bad people, and stupid pictures bring good, bad, and lots of stupid people...
WaveSlayer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys rock!!

I am quite surprised that "localism" wasn't more prevelant here.
The Gorge has become ridiculously busy from Memorial Day to Labor Day!
And iWindsurf has really put a hurt on the tourism dollar... bad forcast = less Canadians and Seattlites festering in the shops.

You'all can delete everything. I have copy/pasted everything and "mum's the word"

thanks again guys!!
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robbynaish and robby? I'm afraid folks have been had here. I find it difficult to find credibility here. Real folks don't have to hide behind someone else's personality.
WaveSlayer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
robbynaish and robby? I'm afraid folks have been had here. I find it difficult to find credibility here. Real folks don't have to hide behind someone else's personality.

Coincidence!

BTW, I couldn't find Swchandler in the directory... c'mon, fess up... who are you really?!

Damn, I've been had!!
robby

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: swchandler Reply with quote

So how do you know my name is not Robby?

That was a pretty lame comment...

I've been trying to disassociate myself with this forum ever since "bipbip" (real name?)posted the picture of his gay lover? self? along with the windsurf shots...

you need to get a "real life"....maybe you and "bipbip" can hook up....
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like my comment really attracted responses! Still, I'm not impressed by the responses. Really, I'm surprised by robby, as he seems to have been in with the game for some time (given his registeration date), and as one of the original few in the begining, he probably knows who I am.

Really, no secrets here, so why all the nonsense? Folks show up for the scene and they must play the game. That's life in the arena. Fortunately, with the interest in kiting these days, the windsurfing scene is wide open.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: