myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Windsurfing around Montreal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dominik

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject: Windsurfing around Montreal Reply with quote

Hello out there,

I am quite frequently in Montreal and it would be great to windsurf and/or sail around this wonderful place. Still I would need to rent some good equipment and get some information. I did`nt find much on the net so I hope to get some good tips here in the forum,

thx a lot for your help,

Dominik (Austria)
Sylvie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Windsurfing around Montreal Reply with quote

dominik wrote:
Hello out there,

I am quite frequently in Montreal and it would be great to windsurf and/or sail around this wonderful place. Still I would need to rent some good equipment and get some information. I did`nt find much on the net so I hope to get some good tips here in the forum,

thx a lot for your help,

Dominik (Austria)

Hi Dominik,

Poor you! You ended up on a Northwest America forum to get information on the Net. You’re far from Montreal!!! Rolling Eyes

There is not much rental equipment in Montreal except for beginner or intermediate.

However, here is more information for you.

For rental, take a look at the Montreal Windsurfing Association’s Web site at: www.apvm.ca/location_planche.html . It’s in French but you can communicate in English and you’ll be answered in English! (Don’t be confused, “location” in French means “rental”…)

For “expert” or “high wind” rental equipment, you should contact the windsurfing shops. I don’t think they have an official rental service but maybe you could deal something. If they don’t, at least they will be aware of the possible market$$$. If there is demand for, maybe they will develop something. At the following page, you have them all: http://www.apvm.ca/boutiques.html (I would try 2-Rad first). Don’t waste your time with the last three ones.

You can find super complete information on the windsurfing spots in the area at the following Web site: www.flipperdesign.com/Sites_planche/sites_de_planche_frm.htm (in French, but very accurate information). My best bets for better winds are Cartier (Montreal) for any season and “Les Roches” (Champlain) particularly in autumn.

Also, for questions and discussions, you should register yourself on the following sites: www.windsurfing.qc.ca and www.quebecwind.com . Those discussion forums are in French either but you are free to write in English and people will answer your post in English.

Hope this help Wink

Au plaisir de te rencontrer,

Sylvie, alias Planchette
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: