myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Why does the wind shutoff like a switch?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rowena

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought she meant Ralph Kramden, you know, the Jackie Gleason character from the "Honeymooners". (Had to google that!)

C'mon, MKrasnoff, don't give up on the forum! The funny Italian lady might be back soon, and then it will be fun again! We'll listen to her escapades in Casablanca, and how she wants to meet a nice windsurfing boy!

Nealpar! We need your lawyering expertise over at the Kiters vs. everybody else forum!
jp5

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mkrasnoff wrote:
jpbassking - mkrasner is a misspelling of my last name. It should be mkrasnoff. First name is Mitch in case you're curious. I'm the tall skinny fellow at Leo with the PFD and Blue Bucket Hat. Say hello at the beach next time. I try to be friends with all but sometimes it's a real challenge

It appears that I can't put any posts on this forum without being ridiculed or analyzed so I'm bowing out of this to keep my sanity. Sorry Nealpar, you'll have to pick on someone else. Life's too short to listen to your BS.

I thought that since she was gonna quote from the dictionary that she could at least get your name right. Laughing
nealpar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No BS, mkrasnoff. Not my style.

However, I learned much about you through this forum. Nothing really surprising, when I reflect on it.
dabull1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: YIKES!!! Reply with quote

YIKES!!! We need some heavy duty wind around here and quick! You guys are getting a bit cranky. Cranky hell, downright vicious with too much time on your hands! I know that some of NP's earlier jabs at MK were misdirected punches in my direction. Yes I am the guy who shows up late after driving a hair raising[if I had any that is] 50 minute race to grab a little wind and sail back and forth, seldom catching any waves, just as I've been doing as many times a week as I could for the last approx. 25 years. Things don't change. The faces have of the hardcore have a few more wrinkles from sun and wind, but the attitudes remain the same... I will leave a further discussion of that to others. The constant is that as long as there is wind we'll show up at the dance, and inspite of having to swim it in on occasion, maybe a walk of shame from halfway to Zeroes, and a couple of A-hole kiters, who, by the way, tended toward A-holium when they windsurfed, my wrinkles come from the shit-eating grin that I usually wear whilst sailing. To quote Brother Rodney, can't we all just get along! Sail with Aloha! Bull
theq

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Will it be time to abuse the meteorologist? Reply with quote

I wrote this a couple of hours ago, but was too chicken to post it, especially with this tough crowd. If I am/was wrong, I anticipate a keel-hauling. It's still no sure thing but...

I'm going to go out on a limb, and say that we have a better chance of a blow today than the el meteo is forecasting. Why? Well, because there's already a steeper, 4+millibar, gradient than this time yesterday. Yesterday was an almost-good day. It would 've only taken 3-5 more MPH to have made it a good session. If The Valley gets over 95 degrees, or Agoura Hills over 90, I'm going out a limb to say that we'll get a decent afternoon session. The burnoff is also looking better than yesterday. I don't know what the wind is doing aloft, but the surface is setting up better, IMH(amateur)O.

Agoura is 87 degrees right now and the fog looks far off of the beach. Keep your fingers crossed.

Does anyone else find those blinking ads at the top of the page as annoying as I do? I'm just curious.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite frankly, the blinking ads really irritate me to no end. Bottom line, that kind of advertising and marketing approach pretty much guarrantees that that firm will never see any of my business. The whole approach is designed to catch your eye, and while it certainly does that, it just turns me off.

Right now the Neil Pryde add is particularly bad. Would I even begin to think about investigating further? Not a chance in the world. It's disappointing that the world can be full of so much useless nonsense flashing at us relentlessly, and it's particularly taxing just trying to avoid it.

Unfortunately, we're doomed by tasteless folks trying to make a buck.
theq

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Bad wind call and stinking, blinking ads. Reply with quote

swchandler:
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who hates those ads to the point of withholding patronage from the perpetrators, eh...advertisers. I complained to iwindsurf about it last year and was told that they were pretty much powerless, that this is what the advertisers want to do. Perhaps I'll start a thread, to see how people feel about such ads?

Well, wind-wise, it's looking like el meteo made the better call. That's why they get paid the big bucks Smile It never broke 90 in Agoura Hills. The S.F. Valley was also sub-90 when I was there an hour ago. With the clouds coming closer, rather than moving back, I'd say our wind goose is cooked. Stick a fork in it. Cue the gravitationally challenged woman. We're all done here, I theen.....
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi TheQ,

What we need is a simple poll. That's a clear and credible way to voice opinion. Numbers can say an awful lot so easily, even to those on the other side of the fence. Look how folks now feel about Bush and Cheney, even those who were on their bus a few years ago.

By developing a strong sense of consensus based on opinion, the hapless marketers might ultimately realize that style and class in adveritising always works best.

I don't mind ads that reflect top flight design in communicating their intent, but they must be suitably under stated in the right ways to win attention and success.

Last edited by swchandler on Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
jp5

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we can blame daBull1 for the lack of wind, the miscommunication on this forum, global warming, and the blinking ads. Thanks a lot bro. Laughing
dabull1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's nice to be appreciated!!! Bull
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: