myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Why does the wind shutoff like a switch?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
capetonian

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to take full credit for the wind dropping at Leo. My suggestion, no matter how strong the wind is, if you see me rigging up, pack up and go home as the wind will drop 10 minutes after I get on the water.
gwilstein

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Nealpar needs to take that agression out on the 405 not towards an individual sailor. Hey, everyone enjoys windsurfing at different levels and for different reasons. We are all there at Leo to have fun - not turn it into an agro session.

Mkrasner has been giving me pointers for tuning my jibe for awhile and recently he saw that my sail wasn't tuned properly and saved my session yesterday with the adjustments he made with my sail.

Oh and by the way, my husband is on the "dark side" aka kiter and must be one of the mediocre windsurfers who switched to kiting that you referred to . I''ll make sure he and his buddies know what you think of them so the next time you need a launch, with your newly acquired kiting skills, maybe they won't be the first ones to offer assistance.
blond_wind

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, I am a quite addicted windsurf eaven if I have a sufficient nice face. I started windsurf at 12 years old, but I practied without any teaching for 7 years. My parent didn't want. Windsurf was at beginnig. I remember Robin Naish....my god..so after many discussion I bought my first very very big windsurf. From June to half September I taken my first ring and I went backwards and forwards only this, but I was happy.
I was able only to plane without streps and trapeze..when I became a woman for many reason I left windsurf and now for other reasons I became another time. In few time I impruve my level and I have undestood that windsurf is my passion and I hope it will be forever.
I know that Maui is a windsurf paradise but I have my job too so I don't want to give up my job too so the best solution is to find a place near a big town and near some windsurf spot.
blond_wind

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Straits of Messina isn't a windsurf spot. I right italy windsurf spot is in Sardinia exactling in 'Porto Pollo'. You can visited this website http://www.portopollo.it/. You can be lucky and you can take a mistral from 30 to 40 nods.
Sardinia is a very nice place in italy more then Sicily
dabull1 wrote:
Uaaaau!!!! Open season on Dablond and Dabull jokes! As it turns out the the windier spots are in the south of Italy in the Straits of Messina and on the beaches of Slovenia, just a quick Al Italia flight from Milan. In fact, Dabull has relatives not too far from Milan in Bern, Switzerland,the Dabull ancestral home ,contrary to the belief that Maui holds that honor. Could it be that our lovely Italian windchick would be a long lost cousin of Dabull? Place your bets ladies and gentlemen! Meanwhile, could someone please convince Catalina Eddy that Berkeley Marina is in need of his services?Aloha, Bull PS Enough with the "turf war" crap... you're going to have kiters wearing red bandanas and the W/S wearing blue soon..PEACE OUT!
blond_wind

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not only a face with blond hair and I don't make only dumb blond jokes, probably I can do dumb blond jokes but in the same time I try to go in the water with 35 nods this is the reason of wich I write in this forum for the moment. In the summer became my wind addiction, in the winter I prefer to play ski, but I can change another time place to live and it will be possible to have each day sun and wind. And this is other reason
to wrtite here.In Italy windsurf is very male sport and I know that for the guys is difficult immage a woman on the board and in quite hard wind condition. If you see my nail you can't immage that it was jump this week end in the water with 35 nods it is better immage that it was jump from beautician. Excuse me

rowena wrote:
Here I am getting serious over at the Leo Turf Wars forum, and you guys are yucking it up over here. Why do I bother?

P.S. Enough with the dumb blond jokes...
jp5

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"..when I became a woman for many reason I left windsurf and now for other reasons I became another time..."

uh...did anybody else catch this?? Shocked
blond_wind

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Smile Surprised Surprised
Ha hi ha …I was a girl in the past, now I am a woman. Don’t worry I didn’t change my sex, I never have an operation in casablanca

jpbassking wrote:
"..when I became a woman for many reason I left windsurf and now for other reasons I became another time..."

capetonian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blond_wind wrote:
Smile Smile Surprised Surprised
Ha hi ha …I was a girl in the past, now I am a woman. Don’t worry I didn’t change my sex, I never have an operation in casablanca

jpbassking wrote:

Too funny!
theq

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: What I want to know is..... Reply with quote

...just why does the wind sometimes cry "Mary", while at other times, the wind in the trees seem to whisper "Louise"? I just don't get it. Twisted Evil Razz Laughing
jp5

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phew!! I'm glad we cleared that up. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: