myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
OLD GEEZERS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
westender

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Westenders theory (provided to me by other westenders) is correct Darcys' just Jonesing because she can't sail. She's a minx and a bit of a trouble maker. She may be surprised at the hostility of some of the posters and had never intended for anyone to get their panties in such a giant wad.

The pretty hot youngish school teacher from Stevenson who sails couldn't possibly be Darcystevenson. It must be just a funny small world coincidence.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a good weekend sailing. We finally got it pretty good this afternoon (Sun) at Swell.

OK now it's back to the Flying Fur! "Go ahead on". (From support your local sheriff).
winfreak

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Just had to speak up Reply with quote

Anyone heard of "generation gap"?
As someone who is in a great relationship with a younger woman in her 20's, I know and understand quite well the level of maturity and impulsiveness of those younger (just FYI, I am 20 years older). These aspects of youth are normal, the way life is, and should certainly not be treated as poorly as a lot of you folks have. What is interesting is how many who should be acting in a mature manner are not. Chronological age is not that important, it's how old you act and feel.
Darcy is an obviously intelligent motivated person who is really just trying to improve her own life and those around her. She does have a sense of humor that may be lost on some of you, but I get it, and appreciate it.
She has obviously also been burned by some interactions with those older, but I hope she can maintain an open mind and know that stereotyping an entire generation could lead to missed opportunity for friendship, etc..
If I ever make it to the gorge (hopefully in the next week sometime, wind permitting) I would be happy to share the wind and water with Darcy, and maybe some interesting conversation as well... - P
mikeandgeorge

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baseball wisdom:

"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?" - Satchel Paige

or said another way:

"If you woke up one morning and didn't know how old you was, how old would you think you were."
GuyT

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in Montreal, after another fantastic summer in The Gorge, sailed 52 out of 56 days there.

Return home was not to bad, since I got wind just as arrived home. The thing that I forgot about sailing in Montreal is that, at 53, I'm an old fart here, while I am probably average age in The Gorge (I sail mostly at The Hatch)

For some reason, windsurfing in Montreal is well and alive and not that old. Last Friday at the beach (Oka), I noticed that a large portion of the crowd was under 30. And good looking too.

And a lot these guys would kill to find a girlfriend that windsurfs.

Specially if she comes from the Gorge! Wink
tetiaroaxx

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuyTessier wrote:
In the next life, all you 'wind-sarges' teach your ladies (or daughters) to sail instead of giving them your old 90L Dills to eff up on (or making them sit on their lawn chairs and watch you hero jibe). It was all great fun, but look where all the babes went. To the golf course.

Golf is nothing but practice for walking and masturbating at the same time (and vice-versa).
brianmiller

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I'm just the opposite...I would windsurf to find a girlfriend that kills.
zulutech

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I turned 55 yesterday at a special place on the river with special people, ageless, all content with all around them, peeps that are gettin a real kick out of how this thread has now a life of its own. Darcy.......go deeeper, what is it you REALLY want?

We hunger for young dysfunction, it gives us old farts new spark after our naps.

Given what you have expressed I have to say the best part of my day was that you weren't there. Thank you
darcystevenson

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish the best part of 'my' day was that all the old men were 'not there'.
WMP

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darcy, Darcy, Darcy... you are the most unhappy camper on planet earth. Question: Why are you wasting your life in a place like Stevenson? So many old "geezers" in Stevenson ya know. Need to get out and move to a place that has only young and restless types... !!
jordanwd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahahah,
Why are people still replying to this thread, can't you see darcy is just baiting yo'all (good job darcey hahah) and why is everyone takin it so personal-If I was an "old geezer" and single you bet I'd be chasin that ass and be damn proud of it!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 17 of 19

Jump to: