myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Open Chicago's Beaches!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
captainjack

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Open Chicago's Beaches! Reply with quote

Hello,
My name's Jack, and I was arrested for surfing in Chicago this winter. Access to Lake Michigan is closed by the city from Labor Day until Memorial Day. All of the guys on the South End of Lake Michigan are trying very hard to put this to rest. Please help us out by taking a second or two to sign this petition. Thank you guys a TON in advance!

Here is our statement-

I hereby support the creation of Green Zones on designated Chicago beaches where people may engage in non-motorized activities from Labor Day until Memorial Day. Non-motorized activities include such activities as surfing, kite surfing, wind surfing, kayaking, and open water swimming. I support the concept that individuals pursuing these activities are responsible adults and may engage in such activities at their own risk.

Here is the link-

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/open-chicagos-beaches-to-non-motorized-sports

You don't have to live in Chicago to sign this, or to be riled up about it either!

THANKS!!!!!
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done! And add some comments, folks; otherwise a signature from a thousand miles away will mean nothing.

\m/
geohaye

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nailed it. Take a second and help your windy city counterparts carve out a way to legally carve, jibe, and seek air out on the big Lake.
dougal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Lake Michigan Reply with quote

I had no idea it was illegal. I windsurf from March to December and have never been confronted by the police. I've been approached by lifeguards in the past who didn't know the rules, and talked my way out of it.

Were you the guy who was surfing down on the south side near Museum of Science and Industry? I remember hearing about that. I signed the petition.
dougal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Lake Michigan Reply with quote

I had no idea it was illegal. I windsurf from March to December and have never been confronted by the police. I've been approached by lifeguards in the past who didn't know the rules, and talked my way out of it.

Were you the guy who was surfing down on the south side near Museum of Science and Industry? I remember hearing about that. I signed the petition.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: