myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Please take this survey if you kiteboard and windsurf.Thanks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tweeky

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heidi924ron wrote:
What is going on with the windsurfers? There should have been 10 guys waiting for this dude when he got out of the water.

but trying to be all rasta cool or bro' down with a anyone that obviously doesn't give two shits about the people sailing is total crap! [/i]

I think you nailed the problem right there. It's not just kiting either. There are sites where people act like jerks, and its just become "uncool" to say anything about it.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a "dood" park his new "Porch" blocking the entrance to HOME VALLEY, of all places (not exactly a 'tude spot) because he was too lazy to park in an actual parking spot 100 feet away. I advised him that by blocking the entrance he was blocking public access and leaving people no choice but dragging their rigs along the side of his car. All I got in return was a "Chill, Dude".

It turned out better than I expected, as many people made an obvious, conscious effort to be sure their boom whacked the Porsche as they squeezed by. Didn't take the idiot too long to move his car out of the way.

Saw a guy park his car completely blocking the only gateway to Doug's West years ago. I asked whether he was aware he was leaving scores of people no choice but to climb over his car to get in or out. He said, "They wouldn't dare. But, here, I'll help you get past."

"No, thanks . . . I'll just climb over, like everyone else will have to do." Then I stepped onto his front tire, put my next foot in the center of his hood, and began to transfer weight to that foot. He wised up and moved his freaking car.

A guy parks his new red Chrysler convertible in the striped Hatchery No Parking zone (parking violations once resulted in Hatchery closure) and goes sailing. Gravel began arcing from several distant sources around the parking lot into and onto the car, rock by rock by rock.

'Nuther guy parks illegally at the Hatch, blocking the Federally designated forest fire truck access road (the main road). Within an hour his car had quite a variety of garbage -- e.g., half-eaten hamburger, Big Gulp cola, a slice of pizza -- baking into his car's paint and glass in the hot sun, as several passersby chipped in.

People don't like miscreants, and their behavior ultimately bites 'em in the ass. But when personal injury and criminal acts like this aerial bomber are involved, observers must act real time to protect the public. I've found police and sheriff agencies very quickly responsive to calls regarding ongoing safety issues; it's their top priority. Tape or photograph the SOB's reckless acts, call the cops, and have him arrested. Felons aren't cool; they're just felons.

\m/
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About these 'rumors" . . . I've witnessed many myself, others here have witnessed others, and police and court records establish still more. And realize this: we are not talking about civil law (your "law suits"); we're talking about criminal law . . . you know, handcuffs, prison sentences, huge fines, and a lifetime of living under a felony rap. This is serious legal $#!+, not "kooks" and not dress-up-and-play-civil-court games. The only "suit" involved will be an orange jump suit.

You children must at some point realize you're playing house in the real world, and the men and women behind the badges and benches won't care that some "dood" thinks multiple counts of premeditated ADW is "kewl".
repooc99

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: 51 survey takers!! Some really good comments on passing and Reply with quote

... how both wind and kite people pass. I'm going to be putting another set of questions about specific "best practices" when passing, approaching and sailing/kiting with kiters.

This is a very productive discussion!! Thanks for the stories of close calls etc..

See you on the water!!

Very Happy
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly why people need to videotape miscreants, or, in one Rufus case, the hospital records left no doubt about the facts.
heidi924ron

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this discussion has mushroomed so much a really good windsurfing buddy reminded me of his run in at rufus. Another obviously very good kiter was boosting HUGE downwinders thru the crowd of windsurfers on a 4.2 day. HUGE air. Well, he just about killed this one guys wife then came within inches of my buddies wife a few reaches later. My buddy rips out to start a bitch storm and the kiter (hooked in and planning) grabs the nose of his board with one hand and tries to wrestle the boom out his arms with his other hand. He came up and did this for several reaches trying to crash my buddy. They shouted back and forth at each other on the water. Soooo, rather than trying to clobber him with his sail and risk getting entangled in the lines he invites the kiter to shore to settle up. Kiter wouldn't come in. It gets super windy and the day goes on peacefully as the kiters exit the water. Never seen anything like it. I'm not trying to start a shitstorm ladies and gentleman just sharing what I've seen.
repooc99

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Wow.. Wave Rage!! Reply with quote

Oh the insanity!!

There is no doubt that some crazy shit happens on the water. I'm amazed that more people don't get hurt. I hope that this is not the norm.

I'm inclined to think that a person of that type is worth avoiding at all costs.

See you on the water,
tweeky

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gracie, I'm just curious... why do you come on this forum and what do you think of Heid's post? Is that all hersay too? You seem to post on these threads only to dismiss people's concerns about aggressive kiteboarders, do you have an opinion or anything to offer? It just seems you never post anything of substance, like "in all my years of kiteboarding, I've never seen any aggression out there by anyone", but instead just comments about other people's posts, and a glib "see you on the water". Lastly, I really wonder what the motivation is for you to come on this forum and tell people what to do, or not to do, in such a way that I don't think you yourself would respond positively to. Do you really think being a smart-ass is going to make Isobars change his demeanor? Do you think it strengthens or adds credibility to anything you post here? I honestly just don't see the point, or how you contribute anything of value to this forum.
gorgekite

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys should go to nwkite and see the response to this post. Kitters are just as pissed. Their will always be dangerous people on the water in all sports who must be delt with and the police are not going to help untill it is to late(serious accident or death) and even at that point I would be suprised if criminal action was taken. I have lived in the gorge 12 years and been coming here for 20 and have not herd of an arest for on the water actions.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heidi924ron wrote:
boosting HUGE downwinders thru the crowd of windsurfers on a 4.2 day. HUGE air. Well, he just about killed this one guys wife then came within inches of my buddies wife a few reaches later. My buddy rips out to start a bitch storm and the kiter (hooked in and planning) grabs the nose of his board with one hand and tries to wrestle the boom out his arms with his other hand. He came up and did this for several reaches trying to crash my buddy.

A man here in today's paper committed aggravated assault not unlike that. A lenient judge sentenced him to only 29 years in prison, rather than life as allowed by WA law.

Speaking of WA law: "No person in the state shall be placed in legal jeopardy of any kind whatsoever for protecting by any reasonable means necessary, himself or herself, his or her family, or his or her real or personal property, or for coming to the aid of another who is in imminent danger of or the victim of assault".

I hope the implications of that sentence are crystal clear to these scum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: