myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Windsurfing spot in Sonoma

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jrobb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and it's legit?

What is the water like. Form the google airial shot it looks like there's lots of "stuff" in it.
tsokat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if this pond is legal, why anyone, other than a beginner or someone who wants to teach a beinner, would even want to sail on a pond in the Bay Area, with all of our options, I really don't know.
coachg

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tsokat,
Some of us have a simple rule for sailing. If the round trip drive is longer than the sailing time we are not going. So if I get off work at 6 pm and there is a pond close to home with mid teen wind vs. driving 1 hour to low 20 mph wind, I'm sailing at the pond more often then not.

Coachg
Snapper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked
Well, the news is out! My bro Hugo founded this spot, and named it "WINGO". The gate is locked at 5pm, but he got a key through the owners of the winery. He has been trying to get me up there to sail the "speed zone" , but alas, I am too spoiled here at the coast. If you get access, then keep the dust down while driving by the grape vines as it is bad for the vines.
Coachg got it.....if you live in the valley up there, it is a quick trip to get some time on the water. Hugo is about 10 minutes from the launch, so he gets a quick session after work and heads home to the family.
One last thing, watch out for the submerged farm equipment! This was a farm before the levy broke and filled this area with waist to chest deep water.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: