myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Gorge Freestyle Frenzy - 9AM - Hatchery - Friday?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobgatpdx1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Gorge Freestyle Frenzy - 9AM - Hatchery - Friday? Reply with quote

Forecast is looking good for this event to be held on Friday. I checked with Royn and the event will start at 9AM on the appointed day. Heats will be run every 10 minutes until they are finished. They will make the go/no-decision for the event at 7AM.
bobg
minstigate

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't it a little early to be talkin about that. Everyone make sure not to pressure Royn to run this event until it actually gets windy. He got that huge window for a reason, so let's not make this the Gorge Games.

Also EVERYONE MAKE SURE TO SHOW ROYN (Windy Boy's his real name if you didn't know) A TON OF APPRECIATION. He's got a thankless job, and he deserves your appreciation and encouragement.

Lars Bergstrom is supposed to be at this contest as well. Make sure to thank him for all the contests, events and fun things he organized over the years.

Once you've done that, make sure to check in with Windy to see how you could help.
bobgatpdx1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not too early considering Friday is only two days away. The forecast continues to look good and Royn has updated his website to indicate that Friday is quite likely for the event. Come and see the show - starting at 9AM.
bobg
mccoyms

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Event Reply with quote

I was thinking about coming to the event to watch, but I've never been to the Hatchery before. Is there a good place to watch and take pictures? I also have 2 small boys (age 2 and 4), and I was wondering if it was a safe place to bring them to watch. Thanks for the info.

Matt
hilton08

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Hatchery Reply with quote

The Hatchery is the best spot in the Gorge to watch and take pictures of windsurfers (provided you can find a parking spot).
The action is really close to shore (sometimes almost hitting the rocks on the "beach").

jake.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  255.46 KB
 Viewed:  12491 Time(s)

jake.jpg

WaveSlayer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're heading to the hatchery to only spectate... please park across the street (if you can). thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: