myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Luff sleeve wear

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flpnhndl

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Luff sleeve wear Reply with quote

Question I have a '06 Naish Redline. It is a 2-cam sail and the roller on the top camber above the boom cut-out has started to wear a small hole through the luff sleeve after only a few uses. The luff material where the upper camber is starting to wear through is a rather thin material compared to that where the lower cam is located, consequently, there is no problem with luff wear on the lower cam. I have always paid attention to keeping sand out of the luff sleeve on my sails to avoid such a problems. What is the best way to keep this small hole from growing into a larger one. Hot glue and a patch didn't adhere. Thanks.
ironmanbob87

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used a product called MARINE GOOP found at most Hardware Stores. I have used it on my Sailwoks Retro to repair the batten pockets and mast sleeve. This stuff is tuff and flexible. A good tip Sailworks gave me is to tape around the area you are going to repair with masking tape. This makes a nice finish to your repair. I use a little plastic picnic knife to spread a light film the first coat and then usually give it one more coat the next day. Work fast because this stuff films over quickly. Peel off your tape immediately after each coat. Also make sure the area is clean before you start.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: