myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Mike Godsey
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windfind

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the nice words on the iwindsurf.com forum. Funny, even windoggie, the most negative of critics is very nice when you mail him in person. He is just angry because we all need Pt. Isabel wind info. Everyone is upset, beyond the sometimes lame forecasts, because this year, more than ever, we need the Pt. Isabel sensor. I am really not involved in the sensor issues but I love Pt. Isabel sailing so I am doing everything I can to find a solution. What do you guys think a sensor at the at mudpuppies? Is it too far from the water? Are their wind shadows.

There is a much better site on the telecommunications pier to the south. I have sailed within 50 feet of that hundreds of times and it seems to reflect the wind on the water. What do you think? It is high security area and the last time I checked out the buildings at the end of the pier there were no ID signs. The next time you are in the area can you see if you can find any info about the who owns the pier.

Mike Godsey
Windnotes Design
http://windnotes.com/
kcorr1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeG...alright already...you're a god(all bow)....eliminate the censorship...we pay the freight...we say the information is in need of debate. Peer review isn't cheap...but then neither is my subscription to this f-ing crap-heap.
jse

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably because Mike forecasts for the Bay Area. And I guess we fall into "Southwest USA & Mexico".

Steve
windoggi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, even windoggie, the most negative of critics is very nice when you mail him in person.

I am nice, but when did you email me in person?
chophop

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Godsey Reply with quote

I really have enjoyed Mike's forecasts over the years and find them to be prety darn good.
Remember, he is doing something taht is really difficult-- forecasting the velocity and character of air movemnet at a particular place at a particular time.

Mike may be a bad frecaster he is just better than anyone else I 've seen.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Forecast Godsey Reply with quote

HEY BAY AREA Sailors! Ease up... this place offers more wind opportunities than anywhere in the world...that is where you can also have a job. The forecast is not neccessary, just wake up and look out the window.

Boggsie
windoggi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one is talking about the forecast...what you say about it being tricky is understood by everyone I sail with. What we are talking about is THE PT. ISABEL SENSOR and nothing else. We LIKE iwindsurf...just fix the goldang sensor and all will be warm and fuzzy again.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Godsey Reply with quote

Hey Winddoggie! the title of the subject is "GODSEY", nobody cares about Pt. Isabel, unless dog poop, toxic waste and Scott Peterson's son are the subject matters.
jp5

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: works for me Reply with quote

The forecasts tell me if I should look for wind. The email notice tells me when my favorite spot has reached minimum wind strength. The beach cams tell me if it's foggy or clear. The current observation tells me if the wind is going up or down and therefore which gear to take. The system isn't fool proof but it works for me most of the time.

Because gas is so high I only allow myself 1 or 2 trips to the coast per week, at least I can be reasonably sure that I will get wind on those days.

All in all I think this is a great service, including the forecasting, and for 8 or 9 bucks a month (no I don't have a pager because I am on a computer all day) it's a deal.
windoggi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Boggsman1! Where do you sail?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: