myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Nantucket Windsurfing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jhjamie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Nantucket Windsurfing Reply with quote

I am going on a trip to Nantucket at the end of August. Is that a good time of year to windsurf and is there gear available on the island to rent? Can anybody refer me to a shop there, or some kind of a guide to the local conditions?

Cheers,

Jamie
cosmicharlie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer to your questions are NO. Try doing a forum search if you want more.
bigairhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: Nantucket Windsurfing Reply with quote

jhjamie wrote:
I am going on a trip to Nantucket at the end of August. Is that a good time of year to windsurf and is there gear available on the island to rent? Can anybody refer me to a shop there, or some kind of a guide to the local conditions?

Cheers,

Jamie

Here's a couple links that say there are windsurfing rentals at Jettie Beach , might want to give them a call and see if that is currently the case .

http://www.nantucketchamber.org/visitor/beach.html

1 - Jetties Beach: Easy bike ride from town. NRTA shuttle service is available (summer only). Great for families: changing rooms, playground, public tennis courts and a boardwalk to the beach. Windsurfing, sailboat, and kayak lessons and rentals available. Beach accessible wheelchairs also available.

http://capecod.citysearch.com/profile/11351844/nantucket_ma/jetties.html

Address:
Bathing Beach Rd
Nantucket, MA
Phone: (508) 228-2064
rationalnational

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamie,

feckin charlie is a kook so don't read anything he posts.

Gear rental here is pretty much non existent except for the jetties beach concession. From what I can gather it i mostly for beginners but maybe they upgraded. Do a Nantucket community Sailing search and give them a buzz. Jetties beach is not a normal sailing spot UNLESS it blows from the East to Nwest.

Late August can be good or not so good. August is usually the summer doldrums but good Sw'ers come at anytime and Hurricanes can make things great. Wind is usually stronger on the sound side locations (North side) Pocomo is a popular flat water/ bump and jump spot. Ocean is excellent when the wind is strong enough.
Maybe call Phil at Inland Sea and see if he will hire you gear for the week. His place is on the Cape.

Best
ecogirl

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

August is not the best time for wind but you may get some if you're lucky. There is a place on a beach in Nantucket that rents windsurfing equipment - rigged and ready to sail in that location. I was there last year. I can't remember the name of the business or the beach, but I'm sure a google search will yield the answer.
cosmicharlie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rationalnational wrote:
Jamie,

feckin charlie is a kook so don't read anything he posts.

Gear rental here is pretty much non existent except for the jetties beach concession. From what I can gather it i mostly for beginners but maybe they upgraded. Do a Nantucket community Sailing search and give them a buzz. Jetties beach is not a normal sailing spot UNLESS it blows from the East to Nwest.

Late August can be good or not so good. August is usually the summer doldrums but good Sw'ers come at anytime and Hurricanes can make things great. Wind is usually stronger on the sound side locations (North side) Pocomo is a popular flat water/ bump and jump spot. Ocean is excellent when the wind is strong enough.
Maybe call Phil at Inland Sea and see if he will hire you gear for the week. His place is on the Cape.

Best
Sure thing, kid, preface your message with an ignorant, low-class insult and then waste your time on a long, lengthy post repeating what already has been stated in a previous post. Way to go!!!! What grade school are you in?? I'ld like to see you rent from Phil for a week and then spend the money to transport a full rig to Nantucket and back.
rationalnational

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

man you have issues. cease commenting on a place you have never ever been to (and we hope you never do). We are trying to provide the person with some info. you are a kook. it's well known. deal with the occassional slander. grow up...
pueno

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicharlie wrote:
...an ignorant, low-class insult......long, lengthy post......What grade school are you in?

That's your stock-in-trade, Brucie. One might ask if you ever made it through grade school.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: