myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Directions to Bostonīs major windsurfing sites

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gt007

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Directions to Bostonīs major windsurfing sites Reply with quote

I need some help from the local boston windsurfers. I have just moved recently to Lexington and my equipment is getting sent to me from Brazil. From this forum and a couple of other sites, I managed to get some basic directions to pleasure bay, nahant, and duxbury. However, I need to fill in a few blanks to figure out how I get there having 95/128 as a starting point.

Pleasure Bay (south boston): "Take exit 15 off 93 S. Follow signs for
Columbia Rd, S Boston or Castle Island. You follow the shore all the way to Pleasure Bay. Castle Island is the end of the road. There's a monument and park at the begining of PBay. Many sailors park there. You have access to the pond (PBay) and the open water in Quincy Bay.

Question: from 95 heading south I assume, how do I get to 93?

Nahant (north shore): From Rte. 128, follow Route. 129 through Lynn to the water at the Lynn/Swampscott line. Turn right, and follow the water a mile or so to the first traffic rotary. Follow the rotary 270 degrees, to the
causeway to Nahant. The beach runs the length of the causeway. Launching is on the southern end of the beach.

Question: if I head north on 95/128 will it eventually lead me to 129?

Duxbury: Launch at the base of Powder Point Bridge. Take exit 11 off of Route 3 to Route 14 (follow Rte. 14 to the right when 139 splits off). Follow Rte. 14 across Rte. 3A into Duxbury. Drive past the high school until you get to a flagpole in the middle of the road. Bear left, and follow the water for 100 yards, then bear left and drive to the bridge. The boat ramp is on your right.

Question: how do I get to route 3? Going south on 95?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
DavidAC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Directions Reply with quote

Welcome to the area!

Here are some answers to your questions:

Pleasure Bay (south boston): (25-30 minutes from you)

Quote:
Question: from 95 heading south I assume, how do I get to 93?

Head NORTH on 95 (also known locally as Rte. 128) to 93 South.

Also, if you don't turn off on 93, but continue for 3 more exits, you are at the exit for Lake Quannapowitt (10-15 minutes from you), another iwindsurf spot.

Nahant: (35-40 minutes)

Quote:
Question: if I head north on 95/128 will it eventually lead me to 129?

Yes. You may want to print a map for this one, though.

Duxbury: (1 hour)

Question: how do I get to route 3? Going south on 95?

South on 95 will get you there.
Dunoyer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Pleasure Bay from Lexington, you will need to take Route 2 East, to Fresh Pond Parkway to Soldiers Field Road to 93 South, then follow the directions you have

Nahant: Route 129 intersects with Route 128

Duxbury: From Lexington, you will get on 95/128 South. In Dedham, 95 South exits off to Providence -- don't go there, stay on 128 which then becomes 93 North - I don't this is insane, a southbound road becomes northbound without exiting -- this is due to the fact that 128 is a beltway around the Boston suburbs. Then you will follow signs for Route 3 South, and be in Duxbury in 20 minutes. I recommend buying a road atlas.

Best place to go for wind, though, is West Dennis on the Cape.

Jean
gt007

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the directions. My equipment should be arriving soon from Miami, so hopefully I will soon be on the water.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: