myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
any women sailors out there?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kschassen

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: any women sailors out there? Reply with quote

I live part time in Stevenson (part in PDX) and often sail at the hatch. My husband is now primarily a kiter and all our friends are either workaholics or breeders (nothing wrong with either, just not my path) --- so I'm looking for likeminded women who have time and inclination to chase wind and share beer and war stories post session. Do they exist?
Temira

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Ripping women sailors Reply with quote

Of course we're out there. Ingrid, Zoe, Roxanne, Katie, Melissa, Kay, K-Hill, and many others sail the Hatch and Cheap all summer long!

'Fraid I'm not much for the beers. Coffe and/or Rockstar is more my taste!

Temira

http://www.temirawagonfeld.com/windsurfing.html
isobars

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: any women sailors out there? Reply with quote

kschassen wrote:
I'm looking for likeminded women who have time and inclination to chase wind and share beer and war stories post session. Do they exist?

Don't sweat it. Just go, rig, sail, and chat it up, and you'll fit right in. No one worth squat cares about another's age, color, gender, orientation, or equipment logos around here. The sight of a woman arriving, rigging, sailing, and camping solo, even on very windy days, is so commonplace here that only your shape, voice, and size (if those) will distinguish you from all the guys. Any given gaggle of people sharing a picnic table -- and often their meal -- in the evening often includes two or three mutual strangers who are friends by the time dark falls and everyone turns in or drives away. We're all there for the wind, so the ice is already broken.

Mike \m/
nad-art

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: women sailor Reply with quote

they exist.... i m here!
i'm looking for chase the wind... and of course i like beer!
kschassen

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: women sailor Reply with quote

nad-art wrote:
they exist.... i m here!
i'm looking for chase the wind... and of course i like beer!

Great! If you come down to the gorge to windsurf, send me a message.
-K
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: