myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Car camping, Hood River
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: the City of Hood River loves you! Reply with quote

windbabe wrote:
In response to this comment:
"Back to Hood River . . . Realize that the powers in charge -- the council that determines land use in HR -- strongly prefers a concrete dock ..."

Although the Port of Hood River MAY prefer this approach, the city council of Hood River does not.

There is a kiteboarder and a windsurfer on the city council, and both are working hard to keep the town accessible for wind sport lovers.

You're right, of course. By "council" I was trying to speak generically, as in gaggle, bunch, or Gang of Four, but I chose the wrong word. My apologies to the Hood River City Council and the folks working with them to support Gorge recreation.

Mike \m/
tetiaroaxx

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: Windbabe Comments Reply with quote

Smile

Last edited by tetiaroaxx on Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Windbabe Comments Reply with quote

tetiaroaxx wrote:
We were tent camping last night and some guy (well known here) creeps up in a RV and parks it right next to our tent, then sits awake reading with his lights on.

After seeing people hold outdoor parties of 10-20 people in the campground past midnight, with competing sound systems and endless shouting, a little reading lamp would be welcome.

Then there's the folks who arrive past midnight and close their car door literally every several seconds for half an hour as they unload and set up.

Earplugs, white noise machines, and eye shields solve most of those problems; Benadryl helps if not going sailing or driving early the next morning.

\m/
pablomerc

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this is a stupid question - but why can't the W-M manager just focus on people who ARE the problem and leave the rest of us alone? Why punish the innocent along with the guilty? Also, are they stopping the "park-and-ride" people from parking their cars in the W-M all day while they carpool to work in another vehicle? I'll never understand why people who are doing nothing "weird" or stupid and minding their own business are hassled by others who "get-off" by enforcing some "rules". One of my pet peeves I guess.
rich&kate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Broughton Mill RV and Camp Site Reply with quote

Did you know that the Broughton Mill site is currently zoned for 175 camping/RV sites? This is right next to THE HATCHERY! If you think we need more RV and camping sites close to sailing please......let the Gorge Commission know that it is not a place for condos, restaurants, and commercial development!
Third generation Hood River Native, Windsurfer, but no trophy wife!
fxtelepro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: the City of Hood River loves you! Reply with quote

This thread has raised a couple of issues that really concern me. If you care about the impression you make - and would honestly like to see the City and Port work to better accommodate the RVs and car campers - I suggest you lay off the sexist insults ("trophy wives") and other derogatory language regarding the "locals".

I was a van camper in HR from 1990 until 2005 when I moved here. I came because I liked the river and the mountain and the hiking and the weather, but I also came because I found this to be a wonderfully friendly town. It still is, and I suggest that you (you know who you are) chill out on the complaints and work for a positive solution and show the "locals" the same respect that you seem to think you deserve.
blowhardezzy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: the City of Hood River loves you! Reply with quote

Lighten Up Francis!!!!

Ez

fxtelepro wrote:
This thread has raised a couple of issues that really concern me. If you care about the impression you make - and would honestly like to see the City and Port work to better accommodate the RVs and car campers - I suggest you lay off the sexist insults ("trophy wives") and other derogatory language regarding the "locals".

I was a van camper in HR from 1990 until 2005 when I moved here. I came because I liked the river and the mountain and the hiking and the weather, but I also came because I found this to be a wonderfully friendly town. It still is, and I suggest that you (you know who you are) chill out on the complaints and work for a positive solution and show the "locals" the same respect that you seem to think you deserve.
tetiaroaxx

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: I saw them! They live! Reply with quote

Smile

Last edited by tetiaroaxx on Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Re: I saw them! They live! Reply with quote

tetiaroaxx wrote:
Isobars! Isobars! I saw it dude! For real! Windsurfers taking showers in parking lots!

I recall seeing three people taking showers in public parking lots, two at Bingen and one at the Hatchery. All three were completely nude, and in no hurry. Two were hot, the third outright gorgeous, and all were female. Thank God they weren't at Walmart.

I've seen others shower in swim trunks, but you'll note two key words above: "I recall".

\m/
tetiaroaxx

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

Last edited by tetiaroaxx on Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: