myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
question for gorge cingulair/att users

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
untwed

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: question for gorge cingulair/att users Reply with quote

when using the phone to check iwindsurf, Is the 1mb plan for $5.99 good enough? Or did you find that you significantly went over the limit with resulting overcharges? Can you check satellite images or site cams, or is that a sure way to overcharges?

thanks,
ken
bobgatpdx1

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on how many times you access the wireless web per month. Also, on the wireless web the main "my wind" page is all text - only about 5k bytes, but if you look at the forecast (another 5k bytes), the extended forecast (another 5k bytes), and start looking at wind graphs for a couple of different sites (15k bytes each), then it can start to add up to around 50k bytes per wireless web session. So you could do this about 20 times per month and still be under your 1M byte limit. Probably OK - if you find yourself always going over, then you can bump up to the 4M byte plan.
bobg
Temira

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Cingular plans Reply with quote

I think the best plan is the one that includes 1mb data and 400 text messages for $9.99. That's what I've got.... seems like I'm the Gorge Switchboard when it comes to texting people the conditions, so that works great!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: