myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Lake Isabella

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kwindy

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Lake Isabella Reply with quote

I am trying to learn more about windsurfing at Lake Isabella. iwindsurf.com local info refers to a spot called the "ghetto". Where exactly is this spot? Could not find it on the lake map. Can you set up tents at the "ghetto" or Auxillary Dam? If it's blowing 25 knots and someone can only handle upper teens, is the auxillary dam the place to sail? Thanks.
pshaw

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Windsurfing Lake Isabella Reply with quote

See: http://www.visitlakeisabella.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=50 for some answers to your questions
WindSapien

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sailed Sat/Sun/ and Mon @ Isabella......Monday 80ltr. board w/4.1 sail; op'd. at the "Ghetto". I'm 200# . Does that tell you anything ? If you don't have a SOLID waterstart don't sail at the Ghetto. Sail up by the Auxillary Dam. You can camp anywhere along the Eastern shoreline from the A Dam to the "Ghetto" north of the boat ramp and trailer parking area. Nominal fees apply after Mem Day.Get a board sticker at the shell station in town . No fires please and pick up your trash. WS
coolmtnbiker048

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sailed a lot at the Ghetto last year w/out a solid water start. I didn't go out in 30 knots though. (A lot more fun this year w/ a solid water start and working on jibes and jumps.) The aux dam would definitely be the best for a beginner though. If you start to get swept downwind someone can drive down to the Ghetto and pick you up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: