myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Good place to get sail repaired

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyrusd

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Good place to get sail repaired Reply with quote

I put my knee through my 6.5 (doh!). I live in central VA and was wondering if there was a good place around to get it repaired. I heard there was a north sails place around hampton, but they quoted me $100+. Is there anywhere else, or is that what I'm going to end up paying anyway.

Thanks,

Cyrus
ptb1

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: sail repair Reply with quote

avon sail house(NC) does great work and probably priced a little less...you'd have to ship it or go down for a visit, they do overnight repairs for clean sails and have been more than fair for my repairs...have been crunched hard many times in outer banks shore break.
cbazinet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avon sail house.
mishnat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Good place to get sail repaired Reply with quote

Check out this website http://www.sailworks.com/web/pages/repairs.cfm. It has prices for different sail repairs. Good luck.
mr_hyphen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Avon Sail House Reply with quote

I agree about the work and the price, but normally they spend the summer at the Gorge and the place turns into an Art Gallery. Call them at: (252) 995-7954

Dave
Cyrusd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the feedback!
Cyrusd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually found this North Sails loft in Newport News that sells sails for sail boats. They did it for $40 in an afternoon, looks great (haven' t sailed it yet). Got them from Beach Sports in Hampton and would strongly reccomend them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: