myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
wireless web reception in the george
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eastfork

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Verizon with the Motorola 815 phone. Best phone they make.
Free roaming and long distance throughout the US and Hawaii.
I seem to have good service through most of the gorge and into the upper Hood River Valley past Parkdale.
I was at Maryhill sailing yesterday and I had service.
wsmike

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have that exact the phone, the Ericson e815 flip phone. I had Verizon with their wireless package but my digital reception always cut out just east of Stevenson, and never came back as far east as Dougs. I never sailed out further so I don't know if that works.

Now I have the Samsung A930 and same old story so I gave up my wireless package with Verizon. Just 2 more years and I can switch to Cingular!
untwed

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have had verizon, and hoped for 3 years that they would extend their web capability in the gorge. But it doesn't look to be so.
waynespector

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I signed up with cingular got the razor one of the supported phones after alot of screwing around got onto the wap site but cannot bookmark it. Support is still sitting on my question after 24 hours. Maybe some of you more experienced wireless web people have the answer. Wayne
GarryW

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody has mentioned this but I've had service with US Cellular for several years and with little problems. The only drawback is if I go west of Cascade Locks roaming minutes kick in.
MARKLYON

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello I have verizon and have been very happy with the service. However it looks like I might have to change carriers because of the service in the freaking Gorge. My phone only supports mobile web 1 format and verizon can not tell Me if mobile web #2 works in the Gorge. Can anyone tell me if they have had succuss with a verzon phone that supports moble web #2 format in the Gorge please?
charlesporter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: How about plain old wifi? Reply with quote

Is there any place -- coffee shops/libraries etc. Where a computer (not a phone) can connect for free -- preferably wirelessly via 802.11 (aka Wifi or Airport)?

Charles
MARKLYON

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Hey does that phone support their mobile web #2 format? Reply with quote

vectorfins wrote:
I have Verizon with the Motorola 815 phone. Best phone they make.
Free roaming and long distance throughout the US and Hawaii.
I seem to have good service through most of the gorge and into the upper Hood River Valley past Parkdale.
I was at Maryhill sailing yesterday and I had service.
eastfork

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry

That was a stupid mistake.
I have heard that Verizon does not work for I windsurf web services in the gorge.

I just call home for a report from the computer, or guess where the wind is, just like before we had CELL PHONES.
Verizon still has the best reception for the regular phone call.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vectorfins wrote:
I have heard that Verizon does not work for I windsurf web services in the gorge. I just call home for a report from the computer, or guess where the wind is, just like before we had CELL PHONES. Verizon still has the best reception for the regular phone call.

DAMN! NOW he tells me. You mean I can also make PHONE CALLS on this $400 iW data thing? Wow . . . what will they think of next? Wink

I probably average maybe 15 minutes a month of phone calls on my Cingular 8125 -- and they're about windsurfing -- vs thousands of iW and NOAA data downloads annually. But guessing where Gorge wind is? No way . . . not with the cost of gas and the cost of guessing wrong. Beside, this way my computer isn't at home; it's at my fingertips, online, on the beach, even in my pocket, if I wish.

What will they think of next?

\m/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: