myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
magenta forecast bars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USAM1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:55 am    Post subject: magenta forecast bars Reply with quote

we don't get to see those nice magenta wind forecasts very often. This nor'easter looks to throw some heavy stuff at us. I can feel the excitement in the posts of my fellow NE area sailors. Its probably nuts, but I'm going for the lee side of Sandy Hook (NJ) to see if I can lay down some turns in the smooooth water.
Sail safe today.
scooper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm heading to Ninigret for some shallow water sailing. I hope the rain isn't too heavy.
dcharlton

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninigret was the place to be!!!! I finally got my fix... I was getting desperate for a while.

Great day, the late afternoon got a little too intense, but I definitely got what I needed. Looking forward to next time around.

DC Very Happy
scooper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: great day! Reply with quote

Hey dcharlton- I guess we were sailing together at Ninigret today. It was really nice! I still feel like I'm moving when I'm sitting still in this chair.

Oliver Twist did you make it out today? I was wondering how Pleasure Bay was. It looks like it had plenty of wind.
OliverTwist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was out at Pleasure Bay for four hours. At noon I was slightly underpowered with my 7.5 but before long the 7.5 was perfect. By 3 PM I was down to a 6.0 and by 4:30 I was overpowered but too tired to change.

Friday is looking good. Are you going?
scooper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know. Both kids are home from school this week- April vacation. There is a slight chance that I might find some way to get out on Friday, even if it's only for a few hours. The fact that the weekend forecast looks so bad gives me a little extra motivation to try to make it happen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: