myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
NE Sailing Fri Dec 1?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OliverTwist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: NE Sailing Fri Dec 1? Reply with quote

The early forecast for Friday looks good for Kalmus or Fogland. Anyone planning on sailing Friday?
Ive got the day off.
ron.c

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: RE: NE Sailing Fri Dec 1? Reply with quote

Looking at the forecast, it seemed like Thursday might be better. Im thinking about playing calling in sick for a couple of hours at Kalmus.
rc
ron.c

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: RE: NE Sailing Fri Dec 1? Reply with quote

Ill keep an eye on friday
OliverTwist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: RE: NE Sailing Fri Dec 1? Reply with quote

Youre right. Thrusday looks better. Friday looks out of control. Pleasure Bay forecast for Friday tops out at 30 kts so it might be good. I cant get away Thursday.
scooper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: RE: NE Sailing Fri Dec 1? Reply with quote

Im sailing Thursday morning but I dont have much time so Im going to Duxbury- its close- Ill probably sail from 9:30 to 1:30.
scooper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: RE: NE Sailing Fri Dec 1? Reply with quote

Duxbury was nice! I was on a 6.2 then a 4.2. It felt great to be out on the 4.2! Its been a long time since I used that sail. Im hoping to get out on Saturday somewhere before the freeze comes next week. Anyone else? I was sailing solo at Duxbury today although 2 kiters showed up when I was leaving.
ron.c

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: RE: NE Sailing Fri Dec 1? Reply with quote

Couldnt get away from work today. Not gonna get away tommorow. Im hoping to hang on with a 4.0 Saturday in the bay. Due to the colder temps, Im planning to go at 2-1/ hours after high tide in Orleans. At this time, the water is chest / waist deep so if your in trouble you can always walk in. Sailing at that time is very user friendly in big / cold conditions. Over the last 4 seasons Ive had good sessions in the low 40s and high 30s. As Ernie Boch says, come on down!!
rc
OliverTwist

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:12 am    Post subject: RE: NE Sailing Fri Dec 1? Reply with quote

I might. Where do you park and launch in a WSW wind at Pleasure Bay?
ron.c

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: RE: NE Sailing Fri Dec 1? Reply with quote

Hi
I was planning to go to CC bay tomorrow, not Pleasant Bay. The beach in Orleans is Skaket. You take exit 12, right off the ramp, immediate left at the light, follow the signs to the beach, a little over a mile. I have sailed at all tides, but the walk 2 hours either side of low tide is long. With gusts to 60 forecasted, Im getting gun shy.
There is a group from Canada who come every year in September. They too, could not figure out why more people dont sail there.
rc
scooper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: RE: NE Sailing Fri Dec 1? Reply with quote

Im trying to decide where to sail tommorrow. Skakat Beach sounds nice for cold overpowering conditions but I want to sail in the morning. It is supposed to get colder as the day goes on, and I dont trust the wind to not drop off a lot. Ive been skunked most weekends this Fall. Ill check the condidions in the morning. scooper
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: