myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Anyone sail Clearlake?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Question The place is ....well.....the truth: a beer drinking, jet boat driving twist and go lake with alot of attitude mixed in. I tried a few times and like Lake Tahoe you might get the once every 10 years over 15-18mph average wind and sail yet the chance is slim to none. If you have one of these new BIG boards and EVEN BIGGER SAIL you MIGHT stand a chance. I tried with MPR 6.6 and a BIG old school starter board I found at the cabin we were at and .............. I called it a S-K-U-N-K as it goes " when in Rome ..." I then drank ALOT of beer and borrowed a Jet Ski to try and sub it under the water like a Water World film to get the heart rate above resting rate. It is NOT a bad lake, yet a Lake with all the activities you would expect at a Lake. Again " when in Rome ..... " and what is wrong with Rome sometimes ( Yet not all the time , since then you call youself a Roman and fill out a change of address form to get your mail redirected ) Pete
beallmd

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pyramid lake in nevada is huge, but while I live close by, I only average about one day a year there. I used to live in Redding and ditto Shasta. these places are just not windsurfing spots, even though they get huge rollers-too bad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: