myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
windsurf in CT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reprocess

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: windsurf in CT Reply with quote

Hello,

Aggressive newbie back from the Gorge after sailing 30+mph winds with my best friend who lives there - lucky dog. I am looking to hit some locations in CT - Bridgeport, Light House Point?? anybody have suggestions for good Fall even early Winter sailing spots in CT??

Thanks
allen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: RE: windsurf in CT Reply with quote

Lomg Beach in Stratford is good on NW winds....
GarryW

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: RE: windsurf in CT Reply with quote

Its been 15+ years since I sailed there but I always had fun at the Ninigret Salt ponds up near Westerly, RI
bigboards

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: RE: windsurf in CT Reply with quote

Compo beach is great on North Easteries, can be very Gorge like. Enjoy!
reprocess

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: RE: windsurf in CT Reply with quote

Thanks for the input. Will check them out asap.
trburl

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: RE: windsurf in CT Reply with quote

Looks like you got some good leads back there .... Oh so sweet to see you back in the saddle Homey! Youll be ready for the Gorge when you are back here next summer. No more Hook action, were talking Dougs!! Maybe next year Ill actually have a bed and a house for you!! Wink Whatever goes down, you are a welcome soul Bradda!! We got your back out here, so COME BACK SOON!!
DOUBLEFORWARD

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: RE: windsurf in CT Reply with quote

ninigret is great for late oct,to mid dec.wind most of the time is out of the north,it is good because the beach is on the down wind section of the pond. dont let the word pond make you say ahhh. its preety big with anough to go around,plus most of it is waist,chest deep ,and gives peace of mind,something breaks,walk it back.see ya on the water,high tec mike.
reprocess

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: RE: windsurf in CT Reply with quote

thanks for more great info. gonna have to check out the salt pond. yeehaw! Thanks all and especially my bro in the gorge!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: