myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
SF Bay
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kogoul

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: RE: SF Bay Reply with quote

Quantitiy for sure the Bay has, quality on the other end is poor to depressing, but I have been spoiled when I was younger by real windsurfing. But it is a good place for beginners and if you get stoked about it, thats all matters...
slynch

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: RE: SF Bay Reply with quote

Troll
polarbear

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: RE: SF Bay Reply with quote

Poor quality and depressing??? I have never been happier now that I live here...Us Bay Area sailors dont have to pay a fortune on mid-winter trips when were depressed to find some wind. After all, weve been windsurfing for the last six months. We need a break anyway! Can always go skiing if we feel we really need to get our fix!
Nor do we have to lock ourselves in a gym to stay in shape. We just drive to a spot and sail for a couple hours, have a beer with the sailing buddies before coming back home and relax...and sleep like babies...

REAL windsurfing huh??? What does it look like??? As far as I know, ADVANCED sailors can get real windsurfing in the SF Bay Area, Goddamn it! How about sailing on a 4.0-4.5 (or less) at Sherman early in the morning when its nuking 28-30mph, or drive down to Waddell in the afternoon for some wave sailing (mast high+ in spring time)? Throwing vulcans or forward loops near the launch at TI? Riding down huge rollers in the channel at 3rd? Speed sailing by the sand bar at Marina Bay? Trekking around Angel Island and Alcatraz on formula gear or smaller gear when sensor read 32mph??? Howbout jumping the wake of those huge cargos in the shipping channel under the magnificent Golden Gate bridge? And thats not real windsurfing??? Well, Ill be damned...
steve1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: RE: SF Bay Reply with quote

For sure
mark

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: RE: SF Bay Reply with quote

I kind of miss Oneups comments about cosmicharlie/sinbad and his many other aliases. Why did the moderators remove Oneups posts and leave the real troll?
Jrobb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:50 am    Post subject: RE: SF Bay Reply with quote

i gots some of that too. The new5.8 and my Saxxo. Saxx is not a real fast board but is great fun to jump...light, lofty, and easy to wip around. Guess not too fast is not giving it enough credit...I was able to pass quite a few peeps. SHould have had the 7.3 out for some screamers though.

J
kogoul

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: RE: SF Bay Reply with quote

Everytime you disagree with someone you call him a troll??? Not very constructive.. we were talking about the bay = flat non salty dirty water. If you are satisfied with screwing around on flat water good for you, but real windsurfing is happening on the ocean like here:
http://windsurf-reunion.sportblog.fr/6.php
The Ocean, you know, where the fishes live. Not the trolls.
shitan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: RE: SF Bay Reply with quote

I was watching this thread going to no where because all of you either living a virtual windsurfing life like Kogoul or have absolutely no clue about SF bay wind and water . I sail 225 days a season 5.7-3.5 mostely 4.6 and i drive less than half hour to the giving windy spot of the day.
The windsurfing level here is so high that most of who ever visit here even from europe get surprised of what we can do and of course that is based on how mutch wind wind we get from March to October plus winter storms. Last time i checked i sailed 32 days in a row 4.2-4.6 between T.I, Crissy and Candle Stick. Most people here sail short boards with in a season including jibing and jumping GO FIGURE...
slynch

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: RE: SF Bay Reply with quote

No, I do not call everyone that I disagree with a troll. In fact, you are the first person I have ever accused of being a troll, and deservedly so. Congratulations.

Urban Dictionary defines troll as One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument. This was clearly your intent since your statements have no basis in fact.

You have obviously never sailed the SF bay, otherwise you would have known that the bay is indeed salty. In fact, anyone with a modicum of intelligence could deduce the bay is salty just by looking at a map.

It is also apparent that you have not spent any time on its waters, otherwise you would be aware that the bay is anything but flat at many sailing sites. With a good ebb there can be head-high swell out in the channel at Third. Same for TI. I have been out at 3rd on my 2.9 in mast-high breaking swell. I dont think anybody would consider that flat. And, yes, we also have many flat water sailing sites if you are so inclined.

And while you are looking at that map, you might notice that the Bay Area is located right next to an ocean (the Pacific). So we do have many wave sailing venues.

Variety of sailing conditions is one of the Bay Areas most attractive attributes for windsurfers and kiteboarders, be it wave sailing, bump-and-jump, or even flat water racing.
carl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: RE: SF Bay Reply with quote

Koguol,
Coming in out of the blue with a new moniker and calling SF bay (or any windy venue) depressing and a place for beginners sounds like trolling to me too. Especially after two others of questionable reputation, already used similar trolling methods on this thread.

Shitan,
You are correct when you called it: a virtual windsurfing life, ....now, wheres that list of aliases?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: