myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
powerex Z tapper mast and Neilpryde sails

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maui95

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: powerex Z tapper mast and Neilpryde sails Reply with quote

Any advice about the right size/ brand plug to make this combination compatible? The original NP plug is too large to fit on the mast top of my 400 powerex mast
carl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: RE: powerex Z tapper mast and Neilpryde sails Reply with quote

What year and model NP do you have?
It sounds like its about year 2000 when NP had the Shear-tip. If it is, just take out the origional plug. I had a NP Supersonic (also with Powerex mast) and it worked best with no plug at all.
carl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: RE: powerex Z tapper mast and Neilpryde sails Reply with quote

,,oh yea, glue in a foam plug about 1 down from the tip, so the rig doesnt sink.
maui95

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: RE: powerex Z tapper mast and Neilpryde sails Reply with quote

Thanks Carl. It is a 2005 but I got it taken care of (yesterday). NP provides different size plugs and now I have the right one.

Juan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: