myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
New vs Old boards
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmicharlie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:38 am    Post subject: RE: New vs Old boards Reply with quote

Telemark Parabolics are dogs. Its due to the difficulties going to cross country technique from downhill. Most tele parabolics are sold to people who will seldom or never go off piste which defeats the whole purpose. They have some advantages in Western powder conditions over older skiis, but for B.C. or Eastern trail skiing, they are for the lodge turkeys. The trouble would be that they never hold B.C., hut-to-hut or trail races anymore so the competitive edge lost the public interest.
downwind

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: RE: New vs Old boards Reply with quote

Whoa! we are way off subject here but I must reply. I live at 8,000 ft in the Colorado rockies. On hut trips I miss the speed of my europa 109s in rolling country and will dump my skins for wax if at all possible. I make decisions on gear by the terrain snow conditions that will be encountered. Also on whether I am going for turns or covering some country. In some ways life was a lot easier when there were not as many choices. I still use my old leather boots for either pursuit.
cosmicharlie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:27 am    Post subject: RE: New vs Old boards Reply with quote

Somehow, I think you agree with me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: