myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
First time short board.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sw3iR

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:16 am    Post subject: First time short board. Reply with quote

I am looking to buy a second hand first time short board in the UK. Around 95-105L, i am about 55Kg, and will use this board in most conditions, i am trying to get into the freestyle aspect of windsurfing. Can anyone give me any suggestions as to which boards would suit me. My budget is up to£500, preferably less.

Thankyou.
arborrider

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: RE: First time short board. Reply with quote

Im a little heavier at 58kg. Really like the JP Freestyle Wave board line. This years at El Yaque the 85L was my favorite board for 4.2 to 5.7M conditions. The 102L worked nice for marginal 5.2M and larger sail conditions. When the wind picked up I just dropped from the 102L bypassing the 93L to the 85L. The 85L felt much more floater than my 86L Tiga NewWave 259, yet just as smooth through heavy chop even though its ~6cm wider. If your sail quiver includes a 5.7M -5.9M large sail and wind conditions are usually >or =15knots I would seriously consider the 85L over the 102L
a
Sailmunster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: RE: First time short board. Reply with quote

£500 for a used short board? Make sure you dont OVERPAY for it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: